Anybody familiar with Waste King Disposers?

Users who are viewing this thread

NavySuit

Reaction score
I noticed the rubber washer appears to be different than insinkerator. The insinkerator washers have a groove in the inside that slides around the ridge of the discharge pipe. The waste king washer just sits behind the ridge on the pipe. I'm assuming that the waste king washer just expands outwards to make a seal.

I want to straight pipe the garbage disposer instead of using the 90 elbow that comes with it. I can only find insinkerator straight pipe fittings. It looks like I can just put the waste king washer on the straight pipe instead of using the insinkerator rubber washer. Do you see a problem with this?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I'm sorry to hear you have a WasteKing.
As long as it seals, you should be fine. If I'm plumbing straight out of a disposer, I often use a disposer kit, which includes the straight pipe, and a baffle tee.

wasteking-parts.jpg

Last edited:

NavySuit

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear you have a WasteKing.
As long as it seals, you should be fine. If I'm plumbing straight out of a disposer, I often use a disposer kit, which includes the straight pipe, and a baffle tee.

lol

I thought they were decent based on the reviews. I have installed insinkerators in the past. What issues have you seen with these? I am thinking about putting them into a rental property due to the cost.

NavySuit

Reaction score
I ended up replacing the disposal kit washer with the waste king one. It creates a better seal. I think the flange pushes the rubber washer out on the sides to seal the connection.

Stuff

Reaction score
Insinkerator definitely has a better design and the waste pipe / elbow seals better. The Waste King setup still works, you just have cross your fingers and trust it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks