New build; seeking advice on plumbing design; floor plans attached

Users who are viewing this thread

CPM10V

Reaction score
I'm in the design stage of a new home in the Phoenix, AZ area (slab, 2 stories, Eljen septic). It will be plumbed with PEX but I'm not sure on what method to use (home run, submanifold, trunk/branch, etc.) or diameters. The water heater (style TBD) would be located (as of now) in the garage area w/ the other mechanicals. I'd also like to have some kind of hot water return for master bath and kitchen.

If you were to spec the system at the design stage to incorporate "best practices" what would it look like, considering the Phoenix climate?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 320
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 331

Stuff

Reaction score
What does your plumber say? Lots of times the homeowner specifies the nuts and bolts but the builder does his own thing. If going in concrete slab then really important to talk.

Also - consider making the toilet room door swing out.

CPM10V

Reaction score
What does your plumber say? Lots of times the homeowner specifies the nuts and bolts but the builder does his own thing. If going in concrete slab then really important to talk.

Also - consider making the toilet room door swing out.

Thanks for the feedback, and good idea re: door. No plumber is involved yet, I was hoping to come up w/ some overall design parameters to have ready when we met.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The "design parameters" are the blueprints and locations of the sewer and water connections. HE will go from there with HIS design. If the door swings outward, it will ALWAYS be in the way of anyone using the "hallway", unless it is always closed or opened 180 degrees against the wall, which it will seldom be.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Suppose you put the hinge on the left side of the drawing so that the door swings against the closet... It could be in the way too, but maybe that would be a lesser problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks