DWV question

Users who are viewing this thread

Matt1988

Reaction score
just trying to find out if I can take a water closet drain that's running horizontal and 90 down vertically then take another 90 and run it back horizontally in a different direction? If my diagram is wrong would it be right if there were a clean out at the second 90? Or is this just asking for trouble and I should run it straight into the soil stack? By running it like in the drawing i will only have to build soffits in one room. If I have to run it straight to the stack I will have a soffit in a bedroom and possibly a drop ceiling in the hallway to hide it. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 116

Matt1988

Reaction score
If there's any other issues here please let me know and if so any suggestions on how to do it correctly would be appreciated.

Reach4

Reaction score
Ninety degree transition from vertical to horizontal must be a long sweep. Even better is to use 45s if that is easy enough. With 2 90s, you may need to add a cleanout.

Attachments

• img3.jpg
    img3.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 114

MACODEDOC

Reaction score
just trying to find out if I can take a water closet drain that's running horizontal and 90 down vertically then take another 90 and run it back horizontally in a different direction? If my diagram is wrong would it be right if there were a clean out at the second 90? Or is this just asking for trouble and I should run it straight into the soil stack? By running it like in the drawing i will only have to build soffits in one room. If I have to run it straight to the stack I will have a soffit in a bedroom and possibly a drop ceiling in the hallway to hide it. Thanks in advance
I AGREE LONG SWEEP OR 45'S IF YOU CAN THE LEAST AMOUNT OF TURNS AND ANGLES THE BETTER AND LESS CHANCE OF A CLOG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks