Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
deck-terry-3.jpg

For my home refi I needed to build a new deck off the kitchen. I went with 5/4x4 select tight knot cedar which looks pretty nice. I dropped the old deck and hauled it away, replacing the wood understructure with treated. It's pretty sturdy now. Spacing the rails by holding a block of 2x4 between, at the bottom and the top, while I screwed them in.

deck-terry-2.jpg

I think with the new deck I will want a new table too. I don't want the old stuff back out there.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Nice looking deck. I'm not jealous, just envious. Mine looks like something out of a WWII newsreel. After the bombardment.

Last edited:

Sarg

Enjoy Learning
Reaction score
I need to replace my 40 year old decking on the 18 x 18 ........... but now that lumber prices have almost doubled in a year I guess I'll wait awhile.

AndyT22

Reaction score
Very nice deck. I really wanted to have like that in my house but termites are all over the place. Treating my property will not work because most of our neighbors are infested too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks