Building drain passing through exterior

Users who are viewing this thread

rural_engineer

In the Trades
Reaction score
My house is going to be built on a U-shaped monolithic-slab-on-grade that wraps around a courtyard. The house will be on a septic. I'm planning out the plumbing for permitting and quoting.

The shortest route for the building drain would pass through the courtyard. I've attached an image that shows the building drain routing. The top pipe goes to the septic. (I haven't added the fixtures on the right half of the house yet.

Are there any code issues with having the building drain exit and re-enter the structure, assuming it's adequately deep to prevent freezing?

Attachments

• Piping.JPG
    Piping.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 411

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Each inspector has their own ideas especially in NY .. Check with HJA (bldg dept)

MACODEDOC

Reaction score
My house is going to be built on a U-shaped monolithic-slab-on-grade that wraps around a courtyard. The house will be on a septic. I'm planning out the plumbing for permitting and quoting.

The shortest route for the building drain would pass through the courtyard. I've attached an image that shows the building drain routing. The top pipe goes to the septic. (I haven't added the fixtures on the right half of the house yet.

Are there any code issues with having the building drain exit and re-enter the structure, assuming it's adequately deep to prevent freezing?
I WOULD ALLOW THAT

MACODEDOC

Reaction score
There is no problem doing it, but I am not sure it is the best way.
THE WAY I LOOK AT JOBS LIKE THIS, IS THE INTENT OF THE CODE BEING UPHELD. AND IF I FEEL THAT WAY I ALLOW DEVIATIONS OF CODE TO A POINT. IF A COMPLETE VIOLATION IS THERE THEN I WOULD NOT ALLOW. IN THIS CASE DOING WHAT IS DEPICTED THEN THE CODE INTENT IS THERE. EVERY INSPECTOR IS DIFFERENT

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks