Fleck 40922

Users who are viewing this thread

Grunt

Reaction score
Was lookig at the fleck 40922 bottom distributor, it says that using this you do not need gravel bed ?
I have a down flow carbon filter & am wondering if this works better than the standard bottom distributor that came with the fleck valve & if so should I continue to use a gravel bed also.
V / R Dwayne

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Ignore the websites that say you don't need a gravel bed. They do this in their quest to cheaper than the next company. The tiny weight savings in shipping is why they make this claim. I can go on for a long time about the pro's and cons of a gravel bed but... use a gravel bed, especially with carbon.

The only time we don't recommend a gravel bed is when using DI resin. Otherwise the benefits far outweigh the negatives... of which there are almost none...

Grunt

Reaction score
Ignore the websites that say you don't need a gravel bed. They do this in their quest to cheaper than the next company. The tiny weight savings in shipping is why they make this claim. I can go on for a long time about the pro's and cons of a gravel bed but... use a gravel bed, especially with carbon.

The only time we don't recommend a gravel bed is when using DI resin. Otherwise the benefits far outweigh the negatives... of which there are almost none...

O k thanx for the reply, does the 40922 do a better job than the standard distributer the valve came with ?
V / R Dwayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks