Need Help finding perfect toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

ladylaw

Reaction score
I am short. 5" on a good day :) I want a standard or regular (low) height toilet with a 12 inch rough in that is skirted. I would really like a 3 inch valve but don't know how desperately important this is. But need trap glazed and would really like bowl glazed. I don't want to have to deal with clogged toilets. One piece toilet is my first choice, but will do 2 piece. Depth needs to be no more than 28 inches from wall, and preferably less. This toilet is going in my master bathroom tiny water closet, but we are remodeling and this is the last step.

I have read tons of reviews and really want a toilet that I am not having to clean after bm due to streaking from a small water spot and for heavens sakes I don't think I should have to worry about aiming for that little water spot which I can't even see when I doing my job. LOL

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
TOTO Ultramax one-piece, standard height, non skirted, 12" rough, CEFIONTECT bowl finish, MS854114EG
Drop a C100 Washlet on it. It has a premist to wet the bowl before use. It seems to keep things really clean.

TOTO SW2034#01 C100 WASHLET Electronic Bidet Toilet Seat, Elongated, Cotton White

Most of the skirted stuff is 16-1/8" high.
You may also want to consider a Squatty Potty to raise the foot position. It's a little step up for the feet.

Last edited:

ladylaw

Reaction score
TOTO Ultramax one-piece, standard height, non skirted, 12" rough, CEFIONTECT bowl finish, MS854114EG
Drop a C100 Washlet on it. It has a premist to wet the bowl before use. It seems to keep things really clean.

You may also want to consider a Squatty Potty to raise the foot position. It's a little step up for the feet.

What about this toilet? Any experience or recommendation on this?
Fresca FTL2351 Antila One Piece Dual Flush Toilet with Soft Close Seat

ladylaw

Reaction score

Or do you know anything about this toilet and its performance?
Skyla Dual-Flush One-Piece Elongated Siphonic Toilet

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
What about this toilet? Any experience or recommendation on this?
Fresca FTL2351 Antila One Piece Dual Flush Toilet with Soft Close Seat
Or do you know anything about this toilet and its performance?
Skyla Dual-Flush One-Piece Elongated Siphonic Toilet

I know those have higher seats than you would prefer, but not the highest either.... (16 and 15.5 inch to the bowl rim, then add the seat height). I have no clue if they flush well. Is skirted a higher priority than seat height and known good flushing?

How about this one:

https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst416m_specs.pdf

15.375 to the top of the bowl, and a known good flusher. Dual flush amount, depending which button you push.

See https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/standard-height-help-please-no-ada.36958/ for some discussions from 2010.

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
What Terry suggested. Those other two are off brand and I'd stay with the proven quality of Toto.

ladylaw

Reaction score
I know those have higher seats than you would prefer, but not the highest either.... (16 and 15.5 inch to the bowl rim, then add the seat height). I have no clue if they flush well. Is skirted a higher priority than seat height and known good flushing?

How about this one: https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst416m_specs.pdf 15.375 to the top of the bowl, and a known good flusher. Dual flush amount, depending which button you push.

See https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/standard-height-help-please-no-ada.36958/ for some discussions from 2010.

I no longer am restricted to the depth as I am installing a pocket door so it opens more options for me. Those 3 are my priorities. My water closet is so tiny that a skirted will definitely make a difference, but really want short toilet with good flushing with glaze so I am not having to clean after every event. Any recommendation on kohler toilets?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
Any recommendation on kohler toilets?
http://www.us.kohler.com/us/browse/bathroom-toilets/_/N-2569Z1z141ubZ1z141vt
There is a finder in the left column. Select ADA=NO. Make any other selections. Then click on any of the results that you like the looks of. Then click "Dimensions and Measurements", and note the dimensions important to you.

Understand that the prices you see are list prices, and not the prices you pay unless you buy it through a decorator etc.

Once you have a candidate, try to find reports on flushing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks