Carrier Replacement for a Wall Hung

Users who are viewing this thread

NE_JV

Reaction score
I had this posted in the Case 3000 thread but wasn't getting any responses so I thought I would start from scratch. Sorry if this isn't protocol

My plumber buddy is helping me but isn't familiar with wall hung toilets so I'm gathering the facts. In short, the copper carrier connected to my Case 3000 is leaking so I need to have it replaced (pic below). Where can I buy a 4" carrier to replace this? Is this a relatively common part that I'll be able to find at my local plumbing supply specialty store or will I need to order it?

My aforementioned friend is recommending installing a floor drain model but given I have two more Case 3000's I want to try to stick with the wall mounts to avoid tearing out floors. I have had multiple plumbers look at the toilets in the past and none of them understand wall-hungs. My goal is to replace the carrier and then assess if I should rehang the Case 3000 which is working well but is old and is a water hog or replace it.

A few other questions:

If I decide to reinstall the Case 3000:
Can I just use a 4" neopreme seals Terry mentioned in post #63 of the Case 3000 thread to replace the seal pic'd below?

If I decide to replace the Case 3000:
Is the Gerber Maxwell still the best option for replacing?

Thank you,

Attachments

• IMG_1043.JPG
    IMG_1043.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 592
  • IMG_1047.JPG
    IMG_1047.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 493

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Gerber Maxwell wall hung works with the standard wall carriers.
You can reuse the drain that you have. That would be my solution.
The Gerber is a taller bowl than what you had, uses standard parts in the tank, and works well.
The Neopreme seal will come with the carrier kit.

chalet_28.jpg

What a carrier looks like.

chalet_90.jpg

Gerber Maxwell

Last edited:

NE_JV

Reaction score
Update. The American Standard Gerber Maxwell has now been installed for a few months and I'm very happy with it's performance. I now have an extra Case 3000 in case one of my others goes down or to sell if anyone needs one :)

Thank you for your insights during this process.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There is NO WAY I would EVER replace a Case 3000 with any other toilet, (especially if it is upstairs). You removed what may be the best toilet ever made.

SD1972

Reaction score
Hello, I recently purchased a home built in 1965 and it has a pink Case 3000 toilet installed. It is not in working order and my wife hates the color.

I've been trying to search for information before asking the same questions everyone else has asked.

I see the above carrier photo. Is this going to be the standard carrier I should expect to see when I remove the existing Case3000 and open the wall? Is it as simple as placing 2 new bolts in the top of the carrier, replacing the seal, closing up the wall and installing the new Gerber Maxwell?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hello, I recently purchased a home built in 1965 and it has a pink Case 3000 toilet installed. It is not in working order and my wife hates the color.

I've been trying to search for information before asking the same questions everyone else has asked.

I see the above carrier photo. Is this going to be the standard carrier I should expect to see when I remove the existing Case3000 and open the wall? Is it as simple as placing 2 new bolts in the top of the carrier, replacing the seal, closing up the wall and installing the new Gerber Maxwell?

There may be a carrier like that. You will need the four bolts for the new Gerber. We install using a neopreme seal for that purpose.

Marcus G

Reaction score
I’m in the market for a pink case 3000. I’d be willing to take a white one as well or another color if that’s all that comes up.

I will pay really good money so name a price.

Internals can be in almost any condition, I can buy a rebuild kit for that. The porcelain needs to be in good or repairable condition.

Please reply back if you have an offer!

NE_JV

Reaction score
I’m in the market for a pink case 3000. I’d be willing to take a white one as well or another color if that’s all that comes up.

I will pay really good money so name a price.

Internals can be in almost any condition, I can buy a rebuild kit for that. The porcelain needs to be in good or repairable condition.

Please reply back if you have an offer!

I have a Case 3000 in good condition. I'm in Central Nebraska. You can contact me at jvolkmer70@yahoo.com

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks