Homemade faucet with copper pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Nmlaz

Reaction score
Terry et al,

I am fabricating a simple faucet from copper pipe in a rustic bathroom remodel. I have a handwheel style stop for the hot and cold. I did this because I thought ball valves would be too easy to turn on full, so I thought I could control flow better this way.

My real question is, both valves meet at a "T" and then proceed to the faucet. I am worried that hot and cold will not mix properly. Is this assumption wrong? If so how can I run the lines to the faucet so they will mix properly?
I am using all 1/2" copper.

Thanks for the help,
Nick

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That's pretty much how a two handle valve works. The tubing goes to a tee, which feeds the spout.
And yes, the ball valves can go on pretty quickly.

Nmlaz

Reaction score
That's pretty much how a two handle valve works. The tubing goes to a tee, which feeds the spout.
And yes, the ball valves can go on pretty quickly.

Ok, thanks! I guess I was over thinking it. Seemed to me the higher pressure line would hold back the lower one, and not allow mixing.
I appreciate the feedback.

Nick

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks