Grohe faucet install

Users who are viewing this thread

Bosun

Reaction score
Hi--my Ladylux came with two supply lines pre-installed--they are a bit too short. Should I try to extend them with an adapter? The end of the lines is a 3/8 fitting, but it doesn't seem the same as my typical supply lines.

I bought a 3/8 x 3/8 compression adapter and a 12" braided supply to extend, but the little adapter doesn't seem to fit into the Grohe line correctly.

What am I doing? what should I be doing?

faucet-supply-38-comp-38-od.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Damon578

Reaction score
same problem

I have same problem with my Grohe faucet. No one can determine what type the threads are. I have tried 1/4 NPT and 3/8 compression and they both leak. Have called Grohe but cannot get a real person. Please let me know if you find out!

Clayton

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Clayton

Which fitting are you trying to connect to, the fitting at the bottom of the stainless steel supply line? Or did you remove the stainless supplies and trying to replace them with different supplies?

The fitting at the bottom of the stainless supplies fits 3/8" compression. Should fit onto a 3/8" compression valve or a coupling if you want to extend them.
If you removed the supplies, then I don't know what size of threads are on that fitting.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
grohe

If they are not 3/8" compression, then the only alternative is that they must be metric, and if so you need an adapter available from Grohe to transition to U.S. threads, assuming the proper adapteer was not with the faucet.

Bosun

Reaction score
Supply lines...

I put the Grohe supply lines back on--they fit 3/8 compression. Went to the store and bought the appropriate additional supply lines--voile. thanks folks.

TipsMcStagger

Reaction score
I put the Grohe supply lines back on--they fit 3/8 compression. Went to the store and bought the appropriate additional supply lines--voile. thanks folks.
Bosun, I have no idea if you're subscribed to this thread (I realize it's five years old) but I have a LadyLux Plus and have a similar problem. The preinstalled supply lines are just a hair too short (less than half-inch).

Do I understand correctly that you kept the factory installed supply lines and added an additional supply line and screwed the two together?

TIA.

Tipsy

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You can extend the existing supply lines with a compression fitting. Since the nuts are already attached to the hose, throw those away and just use the barrel of the adapter. Yes, that works fine, similar to just adding a hose out in the yard to water the back end, except you need an adapter to join the two.

TipsMcStagger

Reaction score
You can extend the existing supply lines with a compression fitting. Since the nuts are already attached to the hose, throw those away and just use the barrel of the adapter. Yes, that works fine, similar to just adding a hose out in the yard to water the back end, except you need an adapter to join the two.
Okay...I think I understand. Just buy an additional length of flexible supply line and a 3/8" compression fitting...the compression fitting will come with two nuts but since both lengths of hose have preinstalled nuts, just use the middle piece of the compression fitting and join the two together???

Tipsy

Jerome2877

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are braided extension hoses that have the 3/8 male compression on one side and female on the other.

faucet-supply-38-comp-38-od.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Either an extension or a 'normal' supply line and a compression coupler. Whatever you can find most easily.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks