testing 3 wire pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
My control box looks shot and I'd like to test the pump before pulling it.

Can I directly connect a 220 volt line to the pump wires? I have 4 wires (red, black, yellow, and green). I know this isn't like a stove with 2 hots and a ground

pump is 3/4 hp

ideas?

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Yes, but you want the pump in water. You might put it into an open barrel or a tall garbage can and run the pipe back into he garbage can. You might want to check if somebody thinks that would be a problem by not offering enough backpressure. I have never done it.

Reaction score
Yes, but you want the pump in water. You might put it into an open barrel or a tall garbage can and run the pipe back into he garbage can. You might want to check if somebody thinks that would be a problem by not offering enough backpressure. I have never done it.

I want to test the pump before pulling it - (the piping looks pretty old otherwise I wouldn't bother pulling the pump).

Anyhow just purchased a new well controller that will arrive in a few days.

thanks!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks