Best news I heard in a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
My company said they don't need me anymore and I can go back into retirement. Best news I heard in a long time.

Would have been nice if they pick(ed) another time than the last work week before Thanksgiving Day. Well THAT seems to be a company tradition these days. I am happy to be fully retired again, but miffed at the way they let me know (and go). I hope you all enjoyed Thanksgiving and are in the best of health. Maybe I 'll find some time to post here.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
My company said they don't need me anymore and I can go back into retirement. Best news I heard in a long time.

Would have been nice if they pick(ed) another time than the last work week before Thanksgiving Day. Well THAT seems to be a company tradition these days. I am happy to be fully retired again, but miffed at the way they let me know (and go). I hope you all enjoyed Thanksgiving and are in the best of health. Maybe I 'll find some time to post here.

I hope you enjoy retirement. Now you will have more time to Fart around the house.

We have missed you around here.

Have a great day.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Yes, we need you more here anyway. Enjoy life! I think I should move to an island and snorkel every day.
I wonder if they ski on those islands?

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes, we need you more here anyway. Enjoy life! I think I should move to an island and snorkel every day.
I wonder if they ski on those islands?
Thanks Don and Terry. Long Island is 120 miles long by about 15 miles wide. It includes New York City and its suburbs. Population is about 7.75 million. I think it is more of a jungle now these days, than before mankind. I would like to move to Hawaii if I could afford it and snorkel and water ski there. The TV program Hawaii Life on HGTV says all you have to do is dream it. I guess dreaming it will buy you a grass hut with a grass outhouse. I need more. 4 months ago I bought a new RAM 1500 4X4 Laramie fully loaded, and I love it. Now I have more time to drive it, but if I lived in Houston the gas would be cheap, not here. It does get almost the same gas mileage as my old 2003 Mazda B4000 4X4 did, believe it or not, and it weighs about twice as much, and is an animal with the 5.7 liter Hemi. Now, being the old Fart I am, it is much harder to park it in shopping centers. I always am looking for spots that I can pull through to exit easily, even though I have the backup camera and sonar distance sensors to guide me. The new F150 Fords are supposed to have 360 degree cameras, but the RAM drives SOOOOOOOOOOOO great, and the Ford, like the truck it really is.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't use the back-up camera on my Highlander. I use the side mirror like how I learned in High School.
I can't drive a straight line looking at the camera. :(

DonL

Reaction score
I do not think I could use a camera view to drive, Mirrors are bad enough.

I can snorkel in my own bedroom, but don't get to every day.

Have Fun Bob, Maybe we can build a new electronic invention.

I am wanting to get into Drone hacking, so all of the Pizzas get delivered to my house.

You would not want to live in Houston. I am stuck here because my house is paid for, and I can't sell it for what the Tax man says it is worth.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I do not think I could use a camera view to drive, Mirrors are bad enough.

I can snorkel in my own bedroom, but don't get to every day.

Have Fun Bob, Maybe we can build a new electronic invention.

I am wanting to get into Drone hacking, so all of the Pizzas get delivered to my house.

You would not want to live in Houston. I am stuck here because my house is paid for, and I can't sell it for what the Tax man says it is worth.
I've been to Houston Don. When I was there on business years ago, I was looking for Texans; everybody I met outside my customers plant was from either Ohio or Viet Nam. I bought my house in 1971 and it had increased in value about 15 fold, but after the past few lousy real estate value years, I can get much less for it than a house in Hawaii would cost that met our needs.

I like your idea of getting free pizzas delivered to your door. I would be hungry reading that, but just finished eating leftover Chinese take home from last night. Brrrp!

Oh the type of diving you are talking about did not fly over my head Don, lol. Right now it is EAR muff weather.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't use the back-up camera on my Highlander. I use the side mirror like how I learned in High School.
I can't drive a straight line looking at the camera. :(

Terry, My RAM is a Crew cab, and medium length bed, with an ARE brand Tonnaue cover (lid) on it to keep stuff nice and dry and clean. It is pretty high in the back to see things behind me that are not far away. I never drove a box truck or van without a rear window. I really like the camera with its distance guide lines and the sonar sensing system. I am sure a lot of owners of parked cars appreciate me not crunching them. I do agree though, that normal backing up using mirrors or twisting your neck and looking out the rear window (hard for me to twist that far any more), makes it easier to back up in a more controlled direction. When a regular car is closer to me than maybe 15 feet or so in the rear, I cannot see them in my inside rear view mirror. What I can see, I don't hit.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Terry, My RAM is a Crew cab, and medium length bed, with an ARE brand Tonnaue cover (lid) on it to keep stuff nice and dry and clean. It is pretty high in the back to see things behind me that are not far away. I never drove a box truck or van without a rear window. I really like the camera with its distance guide lines and the sonar sensing system. I am sure a lot of owners of parked cars appreciate me not crunching them. I do agree though, that normal backing up using mirrors or twisting your neck and looking out the rear window (hard for me to twist that far any more), makes it easier to back up in a more controlled direction. When a regular car is closer to me than maybe 15 feet or so in the rear, I cannot see them in my inside rear view mirror. What I can see, I don't hit.

I do use the camera to see what is directly behind me. That has saved me bumping something.
It's just that I can't navigate a long driveway backwards using it. I don't have a sense of what is straight with the wide angle view. I love that I can see through it though.

DonL

Reaction score
So Bob,

Did you get the Snow Plow attachment for your new truck ?

That would be a great addition if you have EAR muffs.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
So Bob,

Did you get the Snow Plow attachment for your new truck ?

That would be a great addition if you have EAR muffs.

I'm going to stop this before I get in trouble here. I was about to mention something about Kentucky

DonL

Reaction score
I'm going to stop this before I get in trouble here. I was about to mention something about Kentucky

I stay in trouble.

I must be a mess, I like Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Live large while you can...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks