How to block a user posts on Terry Love's Plumbing Forum

How to block a user posts on Terry Love's Plumbing Forum

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
johnfrwhipple submitted a new resource:

How to block a users post on Terry Love's Plumbing Forum - Some posters can be annoying. Don;t waste any time reading their posts. Hide them from view !!!

There is a new wonderful feature now on Terry Love's Plumbing forum. It's long overdue and will make many people very happy. It's a block feature and it hides posts from users you don't like.

Any of the regular poster here know that Jim and I do not get along. This little feature (Blocking Feature) I just tried out and now I can not see any of Jim's posts anymore. Oh what a feature and yet another Canada Day Miracle.

To use the feature mouse over the profile picture of the person you wish to...

Read more about this resource...

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
So I must say this first week has been a learning experience. I learned that I save more time not reading the crap Jim posts about. I save more time not debating him. All and all a very positive experience.

Thanks Taylor - this new feature is a real game changer.....

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Observations from a client in Ohio, my wife and also my kids.

I recently had a client in Ohio tell me I seem to be in a better mood. My wife has made the same comments and so have my kids.

I am very passionate about the work I do online and letting little debates bug me was never a good idea. Now that I have given up on reading Jim's promotional posts I truly am a happier person. Funny - how one little change can make a big difference in your life.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
So I just Ignore yet another member here on Terry's forum. This time Don L - the Rocket Scientest. It appears my signature line is too much for him. He was so mad over this. After his constant posting on various discussion I hit the Ignore button after he invited me too.

It's this easy to ignore posters here on Terry's form.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
So I just Ignore yet another member here on Terry's forum. This time Don L - the Rocket Scientest. It appears my signature line is too much for him. He was so mad over this. After his constant posting on various discussion I hit the Ignore button after he invited me too.

It's this easy to ignore posters here on Terry's form.

Make sure you update your Signature to read "Please Note: I do not read nor do I see Jim's (Jadnashua) or DonL's posts, And my head is up my ass, but I have a flashlight"

https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?account/signature

You can cut and Paste.

What a Joker You are.

Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
I'm going to unblock Jim right after this post. I blasted another member today because I thought he was giving me shit. It turns out the same user (Jim) was up to his typically know it all posts spreading useless info about stuff he has no first hand experience with.

This makes about the fifth time in two months where I can not make sense of the discussions because I don't see Jim's posts.

So today - I think it is easier to unblock him. And when I see his name - leave the discussion for him to figure out.

I think this will be less confusing for the regular members and guests using Terry's forums.

What a pain in the ass.

Why can Terry not set up a feature where on a discussion that you start you can block members who you wish not to contribute? Jim has a sickness that compels him to take part in conversations where his content is not welcome. Not sure why.

But the Internet is free and terry's forum is not censored like the JB one. I like that. So I guess I need to put on my Big Boy panties and suck it up.

Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
You have to care what the person says. Reading posts from Jim makes my skin crawl.

He writes like he does this work for a living. Forms his opinions and then describes them like they come from first hand experience. It is so odd. On all the forums that I have viewed and read there is no one like him. He is compelled I think to answer everything. To know everything. Add in his promotions and you have a real pain in the ass to deal with.

But hey. Jim can write what ever he wants.

Me I can choose to write what ever I want.

But when I'm trying to help someone with my experience and they are getting Jim's advice too which comes from no experience I have to debate a man that can not even do the work himself. This is just wrong. Wastes my time and I think confuses people.

Blocking him has been nice. I have been happier because of it.

I will try yet another approach. Just stop participating in discussions he enters. So if Jim answers a question I will just leave it alone. I think people see him for what he is. I get emails from people asking me to view certain discussions.

I do not want to debate Jim. If I respected him I would love it. But I don't. I think he is a sick sick man.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks