Has anybody seen one?

Users who are viewing this thread

PlumberJeff

Mister Plumber
Reaction score
I'm working on a solution for a downtown Seattle customer to replace a dozen or more wall mount 3 3/8" cc tub/shower valves with stops in a tile wall.

Another building I work in has these rather unusual fiberglas (I think) boxes about 4" X 18" x 60 or 72" that surface mount on the existing tub wall and then have modern components mount through them - Moen Positemp w/stops, shower head and spout. The idea is to get all this stuff on the cheap, but still have it be reliable and serviceable.

I called the manager of the building (he has three) to get info on these, and he's like "I don't do pictures on the phone or email, but call me after the 17th and you can come by and look."

Argggggg! I really don't want to put off my client that much longer, especially if I find out the item is NLA. I have spent way too much time looking on the web with ZERO results.

Has anybody seen one of these?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
On Friday I showed up for a job and the customer had seperate volume control valves that I had to assemble to make up the tub valve. I could have made them any size center to center I wanted. It was a tub only two handle valve, so I didn't have to worry about a diverter.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
They were probably similar to the Pfister "individual shower valves" either angle or straight, that were used with a tee to make a DIY shower, or tub, valve.

PlumberJeff

Mister Plumber
Reaction score
They were probably similar to the Pfister "individual shower valves" either angle or straight, that were used with a tee to make a DIY shower, or tub, valve.

Delta Delex were available like this, too, in the past. Very handy for 11" center tub valve replacements

PlumberJeff

Mister Plumber
Reaction score
On Friday I showed up for a job and the customer had seperate volume control valves that I had to assemble to make up the tub valve. I could have made them any size center to center I wanted. It was a tub only two handle valve, so I didn't have to worry about a diverter.

What brand? I'm open to suggestion at this point. I have found some 3 3/8" solutions with hand sprayer and diverter that are 1/2" wall mount. Sign of the Crab has them for $550 or so (plus stops , which don't look pleasant between the wall mounting flange and the wall).

PlumberJeff

Mister Plumber
Reaction score
I'm working on a solution for a downtown Seattle customer to replace a dozen or more wall mount 3 3/8" cc tub/shower valves with stops in a tile wall.

Another building I work in has these rather unusual fiberglass (I think) boxes about 4" X 18" x 60 or 72" that surface mount on the existing tub wall and then have modern components mount through them - Moen Positemp w/stops, shower head and spout. The idea is to get all this stuff on the cheap, but still have it be reliable and serviceable.

I called the manager of the building (he has three) to get info on these, and he's like "I don't do pictures on the phone or email, but call me after the 17th and you can come by and look."

Argggggg! I really don't want to put off my client that much longer, especially if I find out the item is NLA. I have spent way too much time looking on the web with ZERO results.

Has anybody seen one of these?

Thanks in advance

So, I finally got to this building to see one of these units today. Of course there is no logo or ID on them that I could find. They measure 4" X 14" X 58". Well, at least my memory of the size was close. Any help appreciated, but it looks like we'll be going with the direct replacement option.

0717141559b.jpg
0717141553a.jpg
index.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks