Plumbing Vent Question

Users who are viewing this thread

PlmbrTalk

Reaction score
Hello All,

This is my first time on the forum, so glad to be here, sharing in the knowledge. I'm not used to drafting plans, but this job required it. I got the following comment from the plumbing plans reviews and don't know how to fix my plan: "Horizontal wet vent shall be the vent for the fixtures and shall extend from the dry vent along the direction of flow in the drain pipe to the most down stream fixture". The way he put it is hard for me to understand. Any ideas no how to fix this plumbing plan? It is attached. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• photo-5.JPG
    photo-5.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 139

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I cannot make the image large enough to tell what it is. From the statement, it appears that they want the "wet vent" to from the main vent connection to the 'first' fixture in the run, but without a better photo I cannot tell if that is what they mean or if it is the best option.

PlmbrTalk

Reaction score
I cannot make the image large enough to tell what it is. From the statement, it appears that they want the "wet vent" to from the main vent connection to the 'first' fixture in the run, but without a better photo I cannot tell if that is what they mean or if it is the best option.

Hi HJ,

Thanks for responding. Here's the image with the max resolution. Thanks again.
photo-6.JPG

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Your drawing seems to only show a single vent at the two sinks. If so, the toilets are marginally vented, and would probably not pass an inspection if you have a "by the book" inspector, and the showers do not have ANY vents.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I concure with hj. There is no venting for the showers. On a plnn like that, I sometimes run the pipe below the wall. That lets me wye off for the lavs with 2", wye off for the toilets with a rolled at a 45 wye and vent right back into the wall, and same for the showers. The end shower would not need to be rolled.
I can't imagine you understanding how I would do that though. It takes being around it to "see" it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks