Grohe Retrofit Shower System

Users who are viewing this thread

Koa

In the Trades
Reaction score
I installed this about a month ago and am impressed with the overall quality and elegant design. It's fairly easy to install and IMO worth the extra money over the cheap ones sold in box stores. It's an easy upgrade without having to install new valves behind tile. Its constructed from heavy brass with a high quality chrome finish. The handheld show and rain shower head are plastic. It's worth checking out.

Grohe 27867000 Retro-Fit Bundle

index.php

koa-09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Is the area protecting the plant and painting a sitting area?

Interesting design.

Looks like the retrofit is in a brand new shower? Why did you not just buy it straight away?

Koa

In the Trades
Reaction score
That area is one of those areas an architect designs for aesthetics and looks good on paper but in reality doesn't function too well without a curtain or tiling the redwood wall. It does provide a space for the two windows though. For a cleaner look I used the clear PVC roofing panels that partially cover the opening.

I had the house built in 1979 and those are the original Kohler Triton fittings. I retiled the shower about 1995. The house is on rainwater catchment so the water is very soft and plumbing fixtures hold up pretty well.

I still have the original Kohler Placid toilet 5 gallon flush with all the brass internals. I just added a Toto Washlet to it. I was surprised it fit so well.

koa-08.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
SInce it appears you still use the Triton valve, WHAT did the Grohe unit add to it?

HJ it looks like it went from a single shower head to multiple shower heads. It also appear the hand held can be controlled separately.

I'm grooving on the platform. I'm thinking it is a added bonus for "Active Bathing Time"....

:) - My mind is clearly still in the gutter !!! lol

Koa

In the Trades
Reaction score
The Triton controls the on/off/temperature, the Grohe is a diverted valve only, which has handheld or showerhead or both on settings, also has a eco mode for each with reduced flow.

The house is single wall construction. The plumbing is exposed in a closet that is behind the tiled wall. I could of drilled through the tile for diverted valves and re-plumbed the copper lines, but I liked the clean looks of this unit better. Plus I paid about $300 for it, which I think is considerably cheaper than buying all the parts separately.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks