Name That Shower Drain - A Picture Post Online Game for Plumbers and Tile Men

Users who are viewing this thread

Eurob

master tile and stone installer
Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
To bad a fresh jersey did not help him out. The Germans look dangerous.....

He has to take off his shirt. Otherwise his 27 Million Twitter Fans might be upset.

He didn't take to show off , John .

It was in a getting rid of a bad dream -- a left foot starter -- . It didn't work in his favor for the second period .

Is this a sign of what can also happen to them -- see Spain --?

Eurob

Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
Whipple 6???

Man, just because im out working 10 hr days on an actual tile project and have a busted computer i guess i cant keep up!

Cerob, nice plasma action. Maybe a bit vain! But still cool. Whats the price tag now?? on the drain and the custom grate after plating??

We should probably start a thread with what is called this tile or marble or ....... he likes points so he should have an extra one after each five ones .

I think the price tag will be around 750$ all done , but is worthy .

If I look around , you can see Kohler , Bosch , Grohe , Riobel , etc. all present there in your face .

My work with my name present , priceless . We should be proud of our accomplishments . :)

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
Vegas, good question to ask? Whats with the manly shower ****?

Makes me wonder !!! John?? Swinger?!!!!!!!

Roberto, i dig the grate ....you are a craftsman, go ahead and stamp your name on it, didnt mean to offend you.

Eurob

Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
Roberto, i dig the grate ....you are a craftsman, go ahead and stamp your name on it, didnt mean to offend you.

Thanks RSCB ...... you didn't offend me at all .

I think it's worth giving ourselves some credit ...... We already give too much credit to products we use , free of charge .:D

Eurob

Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
JW said:
Did you get the rust off that was forming on that Kerdi Line Drain?

Yeah , with a little scrubbing , the rust spot is gone . I didn't bother to remove it , yet , from the grate .....probably won't use it anyway .

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Kerdi Line Drain or ACO Linear Drain - Tile Insert Grate Comparassion

Yeah , with a little scrubbing , the rust spot is gone . I didn't bother to remove it , yet , from the grate .....probably won't use it anyway .

If you think about it the grate design is a little flawed. Would the thin set holding the tile to the Kerdi Line grate not be constantly getting soak from four sides? I never liked this design from Schluter.

Now I'm partially but the tile insert grate from ACO is a like a dish. So the four sides are sealed somewhat. I think this makes sense

Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Shower Drains from India

Floor_Drains-_small.jpg

This photo is from India. But the drain is made by the world's leader in Drainage.

Last edited:

Eurob

Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
If you think about it the grate design is a little flawed. Would the thin set holding the tile to the Kerdi Line grate not be constantly getting soak from four sides? I never liked this design from Schluter.

Now I'm partially but the tile insert grate from ACO is a like a dish. So the four sides are sealed somewhat. I think this makes sense

I use epoxy grout on most of showers with linear drain installs combined with premium thin-set , like GR or K&K . I am not worried about any soaking from for sides .

I agree with you that the Linear drain from ACO is a charm to maintain clean . The grate is also perfect in many ways including handling when in need of removal .

I would work with any linear drain client provides and adjust my approach accordingly .

Eurob

Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
The before last one is a water drop -- look alike -- shower drain .:)

And for the last , the Polish ones look much better and in SS .:)

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Drain pan from India is made by ACO

The before last one is a water drop -- look alike -- shower drain .:).....

Nope. That's an ACO shower pan.

The entire ACO line will slowly be making it's way to North America. I wish it would come sooner. I can not wait to start selling these babies!

Last edited:

Eurob

Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
Russian - Not Polish.

Would this not be great? The side outlet bonded drain. Notice the weep holes in the screw threads and bonding flange. I think this is a superior design to the SS product. Like the Pro-va but not so cheap looking.

More and more of the side outlet designs . I prefer the vertical discharge .

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
More and more of the side outlet designs . I prefer the vertical discharge .

I like the side outlet design for the condo work. When you can not easily change the location of the shower without neighbours permission.

The Indian ACO drain is juts one of many drain pans ACO sells in Europe. They are just settling in with the linear drains these past few years. Last time I spoke with ACO's salesman back East he tells me the full line of Drainage products will slowly take place. Some of the tray systems are pretty slick.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks