Help plumbing new 1/2 bath in basement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Eric Backlund

Reaction score
We are adding an additional 1/2 bath to our basement as well as moving the laundry. I have the trenches mostly finished. We are required to have a backwater valve before any other drain lines, so we are going to put it inside the cabinet in the bathroom. We will need drain lines for the lav sink and for the washing machine. The distance is too far to hook into the existing vent system so we will be using a studor vent (which I have already cleared with the inspector).

I need help figuring out how to design the system, particularly where the vent lines need to be in relation to the WC and where to reduce from 3" to 2" (or 1 1/2" if allowable) to fit inside the wall between the bathroom and laundry room. The back wall of the bathroom and laundry is a foundation wall with a footer underneath. I would prefer not having to cut into the footer, that was the reason for having the 2" line in the wall between and draining the washer and lav to that point. I am in Colorado if that make any difference.

I am including a sketch of the trench and the location of the bathroom as well as pictures of the area as it is now. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help!
View attachment 25381 IMG_2003.jpgIMG_2005.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2006.jpg
    IMG_2006.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 208
  • half bath laundry plumbing.jpg
    half bath laundry plumbing.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 684
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks