Tub Drain Doesn't Line Up with Tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Brad Boyes

Reaction score
Maybe I am paranoid but better safe than sorry. I installed a new PVC drain before installing my tub. The problem is, when I look down the drain hole in the tub, the drain is about 1/2" off center from the tub drain. I haven't tried installing the chrome ring yet. Do I need to take the cement board off and take the tub out and move the drain over or just install the chrome ring by reaching underneath the tub and pushing the drain over?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Maybe I am paranoid but better safe than sorry. I installed a new PVC drain before installing my tub. The problem is, when I look down the drain hole in the tub, the drain is about 1/2" off center from the tub drain. I haven't tried installing the chrome ring yet. Do I need to take the cement board off and take the tub out and move the drain over or just install the chrome ring by reaching underneath the tub and pushing the drain over?

Have you tried?
It either works or it doesn't.

It's an art getting that just perfect. Lately, I seem to be very artfull. :)

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
PVC drain pieces can take the pressure of 1/2" misalignment in the tub drain. Another thing: you can also adjust the angle where the tub drain meets the vertical drain in the wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks