below-sink hose connector?

Users who are viewing this thread

coyote2

Reaction score
For years I've loved having a simple garden hose adapter on the end of my kitchen faucet (stock photo below) so I can get hot water into the yard every month or so.

But I'm about to have a pull-down faucet* installed, and it seems such an adapter won't work on them, so...

Is there some sort of under-sink adapter I could have installed (it would only need to tap the hot water line)?

*I'm still deciding which (maybe a "Kohler Simplice K-647" or a " Hansgrohe 06460000 Allegro E SemiPro").

msg0517290424485.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
We install a lot of the Kohler Simplice K-647 faucets. I like em.

Is your kitchen sink on an outside wall? If so, have you considered adding a hosebib off the kitchen sink plumbing?

coyote2

Reaction score
We install a lot of the Kohler Simplice K-647 faucets. I like em.

Is your kitchen sink on an outside wall? If so, have you considered adding a hosebib off the kitchen sink plumbing?

Thank you very much Terry, that's a great idea!

I see there is already a cold water hosebib on the outside wall opposite the undersink hot/cold shutoff valves. I'm optimistic my landlord will agree to let me have this done even though I suppose another hole in the outside wall would be necessary for a pipe to a hot water hosebib.

I hope it's OK if I also ask how much a plumber might charge for installing a hot water hosebib and a faucet?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Do yo know what a Kludge is? There are "ready made" fittings which would have done the same thing in less time and without the possibility of a leak, and NO permatex or anything else that you used.

coyote2

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your replies, Smooky and hj!

Here is a link to something similar to what you could do. There are easier ways to do it than what they show but you will get the basic idea.
http://rougeriverworkshop.blogspot.com/2011/11/unorthodox-hose-faucet-installation.html

Here is an adapter tee for a 3/8 inch compression angle stop:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_79781-104-LFPBAV-666_0__?productId=3135295

Very interesting!

Do yo know what a Kludge is? There are "ready made" fittings which would have done the same thing in less time and without the possibility of a leak, and NO permatex or anything else that you used.

I'm thrilled to hear that, since I'm afraid my landlord would have justified objections to the potential for leaks in a kludge-y solution.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks