Shower Mirror - How to heat one and make it fog free

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Anyone here got a creative Idea for heating a Shower Mirror? Saw this picture the other night online and I want a similar look for my master shower one day. Check out this dude and his huge full length shower mirror...

2013-01-28+21_20_00.gif

Centered on the Rain Head.... Killer design element

DougB

Reaction score
You could have a heated electric mat glued to the back of the mirror - that's good for over the sink - but I don't think in the shower - cause they are line voltage.

There are cables for outdoor heat that could go in a wet area - that would be embedded in the wall - so the mirror would have to have direct contact with the wall - also it would take time to heat up - before your shower.

The other way is to have the mirror heated with the shower water.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
.....The other way is to have the mirror heated with the shower water.

Interesting Idea Doug. I wonder if I branched off some 1/4" flex copper and sent it out and looped it across the back of the mirror after the flow valve and before the shower heads....

Are these heating pads 120 volt or low voltage? Never done a heated mirror before but like the idea of the full length mirror in the shower. I'm thinking I could possibly bring my floor heat up the wall and heat the back side of the mirror location perhaps (little dodgy) and then set the mirror over this spot.

I'll look into the heating mats and see what kind of power supply they need.

Thanks for the redirect.

I was hoping there would be a way to convert an old cell phone charger into a mini heating wire.

Vegas you have any ideas?

shower_scene_My_Love_from_another_star.png

I think this is the shower from the above picture. Some kind of Korean Public Television Show. The back side lit Vanity detail is pretty cool.

Last edited:

Vegas_sparky

Digital Billy
Reaction score
You'd want a low voltage system to be on the cautious side.http://www.clearmirror.com/faq.html can make custom sized mats for your projects. I'd look at that option, as they should have experience with the glass/water/heat relationships.

I left wiring in my own wet wall for a heated mirror, but decided not to pursue it. Rubbing a little soap on a handheld mirror works fine for me. The shit to worth ratio wasn't there.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
My buddy Moe made that one. That mirror is heated by the sun via the Windows it covers.

I want one in my Steam Shower. I want to make it glow! Kick ass.

You know - spice up the shower sessions with the Misses!!! LOL

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Maybe a 16" wide Mirror.

Split the supply lines from the flow valve to the shower fixtures into a pair of 3/4" or 1" Copper.

Run Copper Strap Tie between them.....

????

HMMMM

Maybe run the steam line up. Then bring it down doing a zig zag the entire way.....

Copper strap tie.....

MAybe - just maybe.....

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Use RainEx on the mirror.

RainEx... Is that the stuff they coat glass with for the shower doors and panels? Nope - answered my question with an image search....

A client of mine a couple years back got coated glass and it kind of streaked.....It was not RainEx to my knowledge...

RX_Before_After_BUG_V2-400x239.jpg

Have you tried this HJ?

You know whats coming men?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks