What cause this? sewer roof cap eaten away

Users who are viewing this thread

ronnieray

Reaction score
and what is the solution. This is the second sewer roof cap I have been through and in no time the outside is eaten away.

TIA for your help

153.jpg

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
What happened to the Good Lead ones ?

I guess we are being protected.

Looks like the Critters are too.

Reach4

Reaction score
I would be thinking of a trap. It is unlikely that the animal is a skunk or a dog.

That is not the spot for a dog-proof trap. Instead look at a Havahart etc. Canned cat food is good for raccoons, and peanuts are good for squirrels.

I would also shine a light down the hole to see if there is a visible carcass.

ronnieray

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help. The crazy thing is another cap on the roof is just fine with no signs of any chewing. Go figure ...

SHR

Reaction score
The lead head vent roof jacks are still readily available from any reputable plumbing supplier. You can purchase a new lead head and pull off the whole top portion to replace your rotten top. Easy long lasting fix.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I would be thinking of a trap. It is unlikely that the animal is a skunk or a dog.

If it is a dog, its name is Snoopy. The Skunk would be Pepe.

I have not seen a Dog on a roof lately.

A Skunk would be meeting Local code if it is using the Vent.

Themp

Reaction score
Looks like squirrels to me. They do this to my gutters all the time. They are sharpening their teeth I think. And they always pick the same location over and over...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks