How to plug overflow hole on soaker tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I am helping a buddy redo his master bathroom. He bought a clawfoot soaker tub and was assuming it had just the drain hole on the bottom and no overflow hole on the end of the tub. He doesn't like how the overflow pipe will look sitting all exposed, so wants to put some kind of cover plate on the hole and install the drain only. Is there such a cover plate that exists?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
And he REALLY believes a "cover" over the opening will look different and/or better than a regular overflow plate? In fact, if he gets the right overflow plate it will look JUST LIKE a cover and will make unplugging the drain, sometime, a lot easier.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
My take on the OP is that it's not the look of the cover plate from the inside of the tub, but the look of the piping on the outside.

As hj mentions, the overflow pipe is what is normally used to snake the drain.

Jim Mills

Reaction score
Done well, and with the right piping, my opinion is that it enhances the look of the tub.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks