American Standard 2 handle faucet HAMPTON model with rough in kit

Users who are viewing this thread

JHenry6941

Reaction score
I have a walk in shower with thick ceramic tile (House built in 60s) and a joist(load Bearing): that will not let the faucet go through the wall enough to connect handles///so I called American Standard they told me I needed a rough in extender kit which I ordered...and my plumber says its still not long enough...can anyone help me?..What I need is an OLD Style faucet built for a 60s home basically...Any ideas/thoughts or whatever would be appreciated..(I don't know why my plumber cant figure something out!)

as_hampton_shower_spec.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It looks like you have some room between the wall and the pipes. Is he just concerned about lining up with the previous pipes in the wall?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Why would a joist, which should be under the floor, have anything to do with how the faucet is positioned in the wall? How is he managing to make it pressure balanced as required by ALL codes now?

robert13084

Reaction score
Pfister makes a 2 and 3 handle faucet with longer stems. If thats not long enough pfister also makes stem extension up to 2".

JHenry6941

Reaction score
Answer

Why would a joist, which should be under the floor, have anything to do with how the faucet is positioned in the wall? How is he managing to make it pressure balanced as required by ALL codes now?

Sorry Im no carpenter either...I guess the proper term would be studs? At any rate I ordered the American Standard model7221.732.002 Polished Chrome from..Hope it works will let u guys know thanks for the ideas one more thing according to the leterature That was sent to me this faucet meets code

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That valve has "construction and material code" approval and "ADA approved HANDLES", but it does not indicate, nor do I know how it could be, "temperature/pressure regulated as is REQUIRED for ALL shower valves.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks