E541 electronic control., can some one identify this softener

Users who are viewing this thread

nsmjc

Reaction score
I am looking for the manual for this softener. I just moved into the home amd had to shut the power off for a bit not thinking about the softener on the circuit. Now it has lost its settings . There is not a brand name on the unit. Hopefully someone will recognize it so I can get it working properly.

Here is a lpicture of the unit.

soft-pb-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
LOL, your dating yourself by knowing what that is. :)

Not a lot of people would recognise that old system. The E541 electronic control. Erie was bought out many years ago to become a proprietary control for a company. Honestly, start budgeting for a modern water system. That particular system design was so bad that one of the largest commercial softening companies was using those for sales, and Fleck valves for rentals in order to greatly increase their service departments prfoitability. The Flecks required virtually no service, those were a constant source of revenue from repairs. Of course, commercial and residential are totally different, but...

nsmjc

Reaction score
I kind of thought that when I could not find it on a Google search and when I took the cover off I saw a manufacture sticker of 1996. I was actually hoping to make it last till tax time to upgrade it. it was working just fine until the extended power outage and it did not restart correctly.

Thanks for your help I think I got her back on track. fingers crossed it will hold out.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I kind of thought that when I could not find it on a Google search and when I took the cover off I saw a manufacture sticker of 1996. I was actually hoping to make it last till tax time to upgrade it. it was working just fine until the extended power outage and it did not restart correctly.

Thanks for your help I think I got her back on track. fingers crossed it will hold out.

You may want to take a look at that control board to see if it has a battery on it. Maybe it is bad. It may just use a large cap, to hold for a few hours. If it has a Real Time Clock then it has to have backup power to keep the clock oscillator running.

Good Luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks