Moentrol Legend acrylic index button?

Users who are viewing this thread

Charles2

Reaction score
It's definitely a Moentrol dating from 1979, and Moen says it's a Legend and calls the part a "handle insert." But it's no longer available. In the photos, the one on the left is part #15613, which is the wrong color and has an O-ring. The part on the right is what I need; it has no O-ring but does have 4 tabs on the back. As you can see, the black part is a bit thinner than the new part. Both diameters are about 1-5/8". Anybody know where I can find it? If not, and 2 tabs are broken off the old part, how should I try to reattach it?

1979 Moentrol acrylic index button 002.jpg
1979 Moentrol acrylic index button 004.jpg
1979 Moentrol acrylic index button 006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jaypak

Reaction score
It's definitely a Moentrol dating from 1979, and Moen says it's a Legend and calls the part a "handle insert." But it's no longer available. In the photos, the one on the left is part #15613, which is the wrong color and has an O-ring. The part on the right is what I need; it has no O-ring but does have 4 tabs on the back. As you can see, the black part is a bit thinner than the new part. Both diameters are about 1-5/8". Anybody know where I can find it? If not, and 2 tabs are broken off the old part, how should I try to reattach it?

I have the exact same part. Couldn't find replacement. Reattached by putting Loctite vinyl/plastic/adhesive glue on the remaining tabs. Should still be able to pry it off if I need to get to the handle screw.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks