Kohler Cimarron Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Starwarsith88

Reporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, my grandparents are looking to get a new Kohler Cimarron toilet. I know GoKohlerGo will probably be the first to answer on this question but the tank model number is K-4167-0 and the bowl is K-4347-0. And I was wondering, I looked on Kohler's website and it said aquapiston flush technology, does this mean Class 5 or Class 6? I heard the class 5's aren't as good. I mean then you might as well get a Highline Classic then. Also, is this video down below a class 6 cimarron? Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I'm thinking class five, which over the last few years has the improved bowl rinse.
It's very similar to the Highline gravity model.

GoKohlerGo doesn't have a Kohler. I think he bought an American Standard Champion that he intends to install one day. Right now it's sitting in his brothers bedroom.

Starwarsith88

Reporter
Reaction score
He does have a Cimarron. Also, does the class 6 flush better than the class 5 overall? Not including bowl wash but just flushing waste, does it do about the same? And it's weird because I go on Kohler's website and if I look under Wellworth or Highline Classic and it says class 5, that is strange.

GoKohlerGo

Brand New Plumber
Reaction score
I'm thinking class five, which over the last few years has the improved bowl rinse.
It's very similar to the Highline gravity model.

GoKohlerGo doesn't have a Kohler. I think he bought an American Standard Champion that he intends to install one day. Right now it's sitting in his brothers bedroom.
I have a Cimarron and a Wellworth. The Champion is for outside testing in the summer.

cimarron-round-1.jpg

GoKohlerGo

Brand New Plumber
Reaction score
Have you used them yet?

My daughter has the Cimmarron one-piece installed at here place.

k-3828_6.jpg

K-3828 Koher One-Piece Cimarron toilet

Yes, of course. Had it and have been using it for over a year. it is a 2-piece Class Six. No clogs at all on this thing!

GoKohlerGo

Brand New Plumber
Reaction score
He does have a cimarron. Also, does the class 6 flush better than the class 5 overall? Not including bowl wash but just flushing waste, does it do about the same? And it's weird because I go on Kohler's website and if I look under wellworth or highline classic and it says class 5, that is strange.

[video=youtube;xi7X29OZmTg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi7X29OZmTg[/video]
It says Class 5, but it is actually Class 6 for the K-3589 and the K-3609. The bowl wash and bulk waste removal seem to be a bit better.

GoKohlerGo

Brand New Plumber
Reaction score
Hey guys, my grandparents are looking to get a new Kohler Cimarron toilet. I know GoKohlerGo will probably be the first to answer on this question but the tank model number is K-4167-0 and the bowl is K-4347-0. And I was wondering, I looked on Kohler's website and it said aquapiston flush technology, does this mean Class 5 or Class 6? I heard the class 5's aren't as good. I mean then you might as well get a Highline Classic then. Also, is this video down below a class 6 cimarron? Thanks! :)

That is a Class 6.

Starwarsith88

Reporter
Reaction score
NOOOO! Do they make any class 6 round bowls, and is the Class 5 still a very good flush?

k-3496-cimarron-terrylove-01.jpg

k-4364-aa-tank.jpg

gp1078441-parts.jpg
gp1078441-hd.jpg

korky-3060-1.jpg

Starwarsith88

Reporter
Reaction score
If I think the Class 5 round does good in my grandparents, I might look to replace the TOTO with a Class 6 cimarron since I can put in an elongated in. Also thanks for the info!

Starwarsith88

Reporter
Reaction score
Good news! My grandparents ordered the Cimarron today! It's coming in Tuesday! Also the Cimarron is replacing an Ingenium Wellworth. Also, what flush technology is on your Wellworth?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Why would anybody want to replace a perfectly-good Toto with a Kohler? This "class" silliness is ALL MARKETING, kids. Flush "technology"? Ain't no "technology" in that Ingenium flush. Again, silliness.

GoKohlerGo

Brand New Plumber
Reaction score
Why would anybody want to replace a perfectly-good Toto with a Kohler? This "class" silliness is ALL MARKETING, kids. Flush "technology"? Ain't no "technology" in that Ingenium flush. Again, silliness.
No, the Kohler is equal in quality and performance if not better. It is nowhere near silliness.

GoKohlerGo

Brand New Plumber
Reaction score
Good news! My grandparents ordered the Cimarron today! It's coming in tuesday! Also the cimarron is replacing an ingenium wellworth. Also, what flush technology is on your wellworth?
Awesome! Your grandparents will be very happy, guaranteed. My Wellworth is a 2012 and has the Class 5 technology.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks