kenmore softner water from drain keeps flowing

Users who are viewing this thread

Rfhjr

Reaction score
The Kenmore water softener model 625383760 the water flows from drain and will not stop unless I force the regeneration cycle to close the valve. Once this is done the machine works for a few days and then the same drain problem occurs. As the rotor turns and the wire connections are okay the technician at Sears seems to think the electronic panel is the problem. Since this part cost about $200 I was thinking it is not really worth it. Since the unit is only 3 years old I was writing to ask if anyone else had any opinions on what the problem could be with this unit.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
The Kenmore water softener model 625383760 the water flows from drain and will not stop unless I force the regeneration cycle to close the valve. Once this is done the machine works for a few days and then the same drain problem occurs. As the rotor turns and the wire connections are okay the technician at Sears seems to think the electronic panel is the problem. Since this part cost about $200 I was thinking it is not really worth it. Since the unit is only 3 years old I was writing to ask if anyone else had any opinions on what the problem could be with this unit.
I believe the stem on the rotor is twisted cause by the rotor seal. Replacing both will solve the problem of the time being then the same thing will happen with the new parts. I agree with Dittohead, landfill material.

Rfhjr

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback. What is unusual with this unit is after I force the regeneration cycle it may work for 3 days and then the same problem occurs where it gets stuck in the drain mode. Sometimes I get an Err 4 code but usually if I unplug the unit to reset it goes away.

Larry Livingston

Reaction score
I have one of these softners and if you open the head you'll often find an o-ring trapped in the rotor mechanism. The first time it happened the machine was about 5 years old and it repeated about 2-3 years later. If you have the continuous slow trickle of water when the softener is in service mode, check for the o-ring that goes on the top of the resin tank. It's about 1 inches in diameter and often seems to work loose allowing water to avoid going through the resin tank and to overflow out the drain pipe. You'll hear a sound like the machine is in recharge mode.

You'll have to remove the entire head and you'll see a tube opening that goes into the tank and a netting material on the outside. The input into the resin tank is like two tubes with one inside the other. The inner tube is smaller and creates a channel for the o-ring to sit in. Place the o-ring in the channel and reinstall the head of the unit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks