How to plug a shower hose with a decorative trim

Users who are viewing this thread

den2013

Reaction score
Hi all,

I urgently need ur help, as I made a major mistake to my shower. It's embarrassing to say it, so I keep it short.
I need to close the the shower head . That can be done easily with a plug. But how do I cover the hole in the tile, so that it still looks nice.
Is there any product for that all?

Thanks all,
Den

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Perhaps you could have a plumber install a small cap to close down the supply line and then infill this area with a small amount of mortar. You might need a shot of spray foam first to fill in the voids and perhaps backer rod before that.

Then you could install a robe hook or something like this.

Why not just remove the tile in the affected area and do this part over. That would be the cleanest look.

JW

Hi all,

I urgently need ur help, as I made a major mistake to my shower. It's embarrassing to say it, so I keep it short.
I need to close the the shower head . That can be done easily with a plug. But how do I cover the hole in the tile, so that it still looks nice.
Is there any product for that all?

Thanks all,
Den

den2013

Reaction score
Perhaps you could have a plumber install a small cap to close down the supply line and then infill this area with a small amount of mortar. You might need a shot of spray foam first to fill in the voids and perhaps backer rod before that.

Then you could install a robe hook or something like this.

Why not just remove the tile in the affected area and do this part over. That would be the cleanest look.

JW
Thnx for quick reply John

I'm going to open up the back wall,
Move the pipe, then attach a hardy to cover the hole
At the front, I will apply thin set n grout.
Then cover the patch with shower bar

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Maybe pre-attach some plywood to the the Hardy Board first so you can drive in some screws later when you mount the shower bar. Can you install a proper cleat between studs?

Maybe your wife will want to hang from this new shower bar! If your lucky. ;)

Safety never takes a holiday.

Thnx for quick reply John

I'm going to open up the back wall,
Move the pipe, then attach a hardy to cover the hole
At the front, I will apply thin set n grout.
Then cover the patch with shower bar

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks