plug old galvanized pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

lana87

Reaction score
Just bought a house. Front yard has an old gavenized pipe sticking up out of ground only about an
n inch. Pipe is between meter and house. Around it is big roots from a big oak. Can not dig down to the main to solve problem due to roots. I turn on water at meter and water comes to house but also comes out of this pipe. I have pluged with a good size stick but water still comes out around stick. There are no threads on outside of this pipe. There are threads on inside of pipe. I believe pipe is half inch on inside and maybe at one time was for outside faucet. I want to plug it. Do they make anything i can stick down in this hole to plug this up. Pipe is so old i dont want to try threading outside of it for a screw on type cap. Keep in mind i am a woman but grew up in a house with contracting dad and brothers so i am pretty good at doing myself. I have been given one idea which iss to find a rubber washer and a bolt that will fit in hole and that rubber will expand sealing tge hole. I just want to plug this thong so i can keep water on all the time. Please help!

Last edited:

MikePlummer

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
why not thread in a 1/2" male plug?

plug.jpg

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You have to scroll down on the 'Reply to THread' page...believe me, it's there!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks