SS water lines

Users who are viewing this thread

Big2bird

IBEW Electrician
Reaction score
So what is the story on SS braided water lines for toilets, faucets, washers, dishwashers,icemakers? What is the best to use for each? Just curious. I hear horror stories on different forums about all kinds of hoses. My old plumber friend liked the tubing/rubber washer deals the best. That's been years ago.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A good quality stainless braided should be fine.
I don't like the Watts Floodsafe, and won't install them.

The most permanent has always been copper supply lines. They are more difficult for a homeowner to install.

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
I think braided stainless steel washer hoses and other supply hoses used to be high quality. Now everyone and their dog sells one and I have to wonder, since China and the bean counters are involved, are any of them actually any good?

A while ago, I decided that I am going to go back to flexible and rigid supply lines (where I can)...I've just not had the oppurtunity yet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks