Did everyone vote?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
What were you fixing under the house?

and, it looks like we got a winner. I seriously, wanted more choices. :) But, I voted.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A home in Tacoma, duplex really. Last Summer we had repiped the A side. This year we're repiping the B side. The handyman that had repiped previously had pretty well hacked it up. There was a combination of PVC and CPVC and sometimes back and forth between the two, all glued up with ABS cement. The unit had some failures on the hybrid materials, especially on the PVC which should never have been used. So we ripped out all of the plastic and installed copper. It's an old 20's home with a clawfoot tub. I pulled out the lead drum trap and will be converting the bathroom plumbing waste and vents to current code practices.

It looks like some of the election results are going to take some time. It will be nice to have this behind us. Thank God we only have these every four years for a big one. Way too much money is spent and way too many months devoted to it. I think of the money spent that could have done so much. Though I suppose the money went somewhere, and hopefully those that got it decided to remodel their homes. :)

There's going to be a lot of construction work on the East Coast now after the latest storms.:(

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You can kiss California goodbye! The morons voted to increase sales tax which the actual law specifically says can be used by governor moonbeam to pay off his union cronies, even though he lied like a rug and promised it will be 'for the children'. In San Diego, and absolutely despicable human being Bob Filner is ahead in the mayoral race, but it is not final yet.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
You can kiss California goodbye! The morons voted to increase sales tax which the actual law specifically says can be used by governor moonbeam to pay off his union cronies, even though he lied like a rug and promised it will be 'for the children'. In San Diego, and absolutely despicable human being Bob Filner is ahead in the mayoral race, but it is not final yet.
He won
Looks like only 10% of the voters voted there; is that possible? http://www.cbs8.com/story/20014746/mayors-race-demaio-holds-on-to-lead-in-close-contest

Cookie

Reaction score
Don't know about that Bob, but, did you happen to hear about the 2 deceased officials who was elected, they won? I am serious, they won. I was at working while spreading chicken pox around, lol, ( just kidding) and, heard it on the radio, one elected offical was from Al, can't remember where the second was from; but, they both passed on in October, but, it was too late to remove them from the ballot, is what it said.

So, I was sitting there laughing, and I was asked what I was laughing at, so, I told her and she never listens to a word anyone says, so, she said, " that is good." :) She misses so much in life.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks