Actual Bidet Seat reviews and comparisons

Users who are viewing this thread

dlorby

Reaction score
Hi all,

[edit] I really should have titled this thread "Actual Bidet Seat reviews and comparisons." Is there a way to re-title the thread?

I'm looking at bidet seats, and was surprised to find how many of these are on the market. The problem is that the only information available is marketing material or dry feature lists. I have identified a few that seem to be fairly high-end units, including remote, various washing options, and soft-close seat, warm air dry, and some bonuses like activated air filter. The choices are numerous. These include:

Toto S300 "Jasmin", 1277 watts, continuous heating $799
Coco 6035R, 660 watts, $599
Biobidet BB-1000, 660 watts, $499
INAX Luscence, 311 watts $699
Brondell Swash 700, 1300 watts, $650
Hyundai HB-R770, HDB-1500R
TOOT C100 Washlet, $359.99
. . . Any more to add?

Of course marketing materials are not reliable when comparing competing units. Unfortunately, reviews on English boards are pretty scant. Has anyone had experience with any of these units? Any others to add to the list? I'm thinking that they all probably have pretty similar features, although if one has a standout "must-have", I'd like to know, and similarly, if one of these has a deal-breaker flaw, I'd like to hear about it.

I imaging some important info that's missing from the web might include:

- Is there ample room to sit (with the electric portion hogging some sitting space)
- Is the unit comfortable; does the seat have great "butt-feel"
- Easy to use?
- Is one unit really noisy or quiet compared with the others
- strength of wash & dry flow, and does that matter
- Are any installation issues (inconvenient or unsightly positioning of cord or pipe?
- Has anyone exchanged one of these for another and been happier?
- etc.

I've searched the web, and have come to the conclusion that the English-speaking world needs at least one thread in one forum discussing more than just which features are available at which price.

As a point of reference, I have Toto Ultramax elongated toilets with the soft-close seats, and love these.

Any comments other than potty jokes?

Thanks a ton!

Dave

c100-ms604-01.jpg

TOTO C100 on a TOTO Ultramax II.

Last edited by a moderator:

leetoto

Reaction score
I have try the Toto s300 and Brondell 700. I like the Toto much better. It has better water pressure changes, controls the water temp much better, seat is more comfortable and less splash on back of toilet seat. Also, you can adjust the wand, has deodorizer and dryer on Toto.
When adjusting the Brondell water pressure, there seems to be just one pressure and water temp doesn't stay a constant temp, usually from cold to very hot.
I highly recommend the Toto, definitely not the Brondell.

dlorby

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. That's the kind of helpful feedback that is really missing out there. I have two toilets to equip. I ended up ordering the COCO 6035R, since it seemed very similar to the others, seems to look nice, and I got the best price for it. I will report back my opinion. If I go with another brand for the second toilet, I'll report that as well.

dlorby

Reaction score
OK, I installed the COCO last night. It seems to have reasonable controls, although it took me a while to figure out that the range of the remote control is very limited. If you hold it in your hand in front of you, it may not work. Mounted on the wall close to the toilet, the controls are fine. My main disappointment is that the water is heated in a tank, so the initial stream is warm, but the tank runs out quickly and the stream becomes cold. I think if I buy another unit, it will be one of the models without a tank with the continuous inline heating coils. Also, I find that the seat is not quite as comfortable as my regular TOTO soft-close elongated seat was. I wonder how the TOTO S300 compares to the regular soft-close seats on comfort. Does the S300 have a tank? If so, does it run out of heated water quickly?

Does anyone have experience with the INAX luscence model?

Thanks!

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score

dlorby

Reaction score
OK, some followup. I have installed both the TOTO S300 and the COCO 6035R. Here's my initial assessment (I've had the TOTO for 1 day.)

S300 instructions

- The TOTO has a more solid mounting system, and really stays put. The COCO is a more traditional mount, and perhaps I've been too wimpy about tightening the bolts, but it can be "adjusted" after hand-tightening the bolts.

- I found the TOTO installation slightly easier for a non-plumber, and less prone to leaks, since the T-valve is placed at the toilet rather than at the pipe. I also think there's less chance of damaging something inside the wall this way.

- The TOTO hose and cord are slightly more out of the way. I have the SW554 model; My understanding, based on web searches, is that the main difference between the newer SW554 model of the the S300, and the older SW834 model is improved hose placement.

- The TOTO remote is slicker and less intimidating, and very easy to use. The COCO remote has a very limited range, but works fine if mounted on the walls.

- I personally find the TOTO seat just a bit more comfortable.

- The COCO has two wands--one for feminine hygeine and one for everybody's backside. I think that's a good idea. The TOTO just has a single wand.

- Maybe I'm crazy, but the COCO seems to aim more accurately than the TOTO, and require less shifting in the seat. However, the TOTO wand comes out farther, and has a really effective position adjustment.

- The COCO is cheaper, averaging about $600-700 on the web, compared with about $700-$900 for the S300.

Overall, the quality, appearance, and function are similar. I definitely prefer the TOTO remote. If you are buying a new machine, I'd probably recommend to TOTO overall based on details, but do consider the above points in deciding. Since I got the COCO first, it's in the master bath, and I have no plans on swapping it for the TOTO. Anyway, I think the TOTO, with its friendlier remote, is better in the guest bathroom.

I have not seen one, but the INAX Luscence looks as if it shares the mounting and installation qualities of the TOTO, yet is in the price range of the COCO, with two nozzles like the COCO. The remote for the Luscence looks friendlier than the COCO, if not quite as slick as the TOTO remote. Anybody who has tried it care to post a review?

Hope this helps somebody,

DL

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I believe if you have a job to do, don't fool around:

We had a saying, in fact a Tee shirt, when I was in the Navy (many moons ago)> [front of shirt]When you care enough...send the very best.

[back of shirt]:

WMUS_Polaris-A1_Launch_pic.jpg

Bixby

Reaction score
Hi I have the Biobidet 1000 and it,s cleaning is poor at best, even at high pressure in which it will splash. What is everyones opinion on cleaning effectiveness of the Toto and the Brondell does it leave you still soiled?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com

Discussing bidet seats.
The Biobidet 1000 is one of my big sellers.
Though, most any bidet seat is heads and heals over what you have been doing previously.
They are the best thing you can add for a bathroom.

Last edited:

photo2010

Reaction score
Looking for opinions of the Brondell Swash 1000, and recommendations on a TOTO low profile toilet (one piece) that it will fit. Going to replace a Kohler Rialto in a fairly small space.
Thanks! Kevin

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
All of the TOTO one-piece toilets will work with a washlet or bidet seat. There is plenty of room between the tank and the seat bolts.

The Swash 1000 works fine. The water is a little cool at the start, and then quickly warms up. There are three settings for pressure and for width of spray.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Looking for opinions of the Brondell Swash 1000, and recommendations on a TOTO low profile toilet (one piece) that it will fit. Going to replace a Kohler Rialto in a fairly small space.
Thanks! Kevin

Here are the names of some of the low-profile toilets, which you can look at on the Toto web site and also on Terry's site -- www.totousa.com -- recognizing that the actual purchase price is normally dramatically-less than the quoted "sticker" price. Under "downloads" on the Toto site, you can see the latest installation instructions, parts list, and spec sheet.

Supreme II (non-skirted, 12" rough-in)
Supreme
Carolina II (skirted, can fit on 10", 12" or 14" rough-in with unifit adapter)
Ryohan
Neorest (with built-in Washlet)

photo2010

Reaction score
The electrician installed the GFI outlet this week. It's a surface mount box on the wall a few inches from my toilet. I wasn't watching when he did the job, but I think it will be too close to the new toilet and washlet when they're installed. I know that the Brondell has a big plug. I'm almost sure the GFI will have to be moved. Sigh, nothing is easy..

photo2010

Reaction score
Thanks Terry, I hope you're right. I know it's a GFI outlet, but even so, is it safe to have it so close to the bowl? I'm going to try to upload a pic.

Flawell

Reaction score
We have the Coco 9500X on one of our toilets, installed in June of this year. Paid $399 for it. Water stays warm for as long as it is running. Seat is OK to sit on, but I don't tend to be there long. We have the elongated seat as well. Multiple settings for cleaning and 5 positions for the wand which are more than adequate. I like the controls on the side on the seat. We had a narrow space to put it in and there is still plenty of room to access the controls. So far we are very happy with it.

photo2010

Reaction score
The electrician agreed with me that the GFI surface mount outlet box overhangs the toilet seat too much. He's going to move it for me. Tried to upload some pics, but they were too big.

800 pixels or less

photo2010

Reaction score
What is the difference between a skirted and a non-skirted toilet? Does the difference have a significant influence on what toilet you should buy?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks