lever on the side of a pitless adapter?

Users who are viewing this thread

ccegfa

Reaction score
I plan on pulling my submersable pump [4" in a 5" casing well depth 55'] it has a pitless adapter and what looks like a spring loaded lever at that point touching the opposite side of the casing from the pitless adapter. I have been reading about pitless adapters and talk about a release cable from a spring loaded pitless adapter. My well does not have a release cable on this, so how do i release the spring loaded lever or is that not needed---and just pull it out? I am afraid that if i just pull up and that lever wedges aginst the plastic well casing it will split the well casing. Should i make some kind of hook rod to pull up on that spring loaded lever as i pull up on the t-handle when removing it all? I have google sherched pitless adapters and do not find any with a spring loaded lever on the side, that i can look at, but many people talk about them in forums and say "pull the release cable" but without one on mine how can i pull it and what if i dont? Does this lever lock the pitless adapter so it don't come off or just pushes the pipe over so it is easier to connect, when re-installing the pump assembly? [it is not a 3 prong crows foot like some people have talked about]

ccegfa

Reaction score
where do i look for the set screw, it is almost 5 foot down there, and how do i get a screwdriver that far down if i can find it? i was thinking it is just spring loaded lever to keep the pipe aginst the casing while it is being lowered down in the well so the pitless adapter will mate, but i am afraid if i am wrong and it is some sort of latch that keeps the pitless adapter together and needs to be released before i try to pull the pump, and do start to pull the pump without releasing it, i may break the plastic well casing. if it really is a latch lever, do i take a rod and push it down or pull it up to release it---then pull up on the pump T handle to bring the pump up?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
where do i look for the set screw, it is almost 5 foot down there, and how do i get a screwdriver that far down if i can find it?
Take some pics with a good camera that can zoom.

You don't use a screwdriver, you use a long pipe with a socket on the end that fits inside the larger pipe used to pull the pitless. If you search this forum you will find other threads on it complete with pictures and drawings.

ccegfa

Reaction score
It is hard to search and find the right one in this forum, but i found it under "another pitless adapter question" by "mortal798" he had the same thing made by Merrill mfg at http://www.merrillmfg.com/product/02-PitlessUnits/SMCK-Steel/parts.php#Text with this forum and finding the mfg site i was able to figure it out. boy this must be a off brand as i could not find much about it anywhere. I am glad i didn't just jerk it out, probably would have broken something.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks