TOTO Washlet - info please

Users who are viewing this thread

Battiste2

Reaction score
Does anyone have any first-hand information on the Toto Washlet? can it be added to a Vespia or a Soiree? How do you know which one of the Washlets fit? Does the washlet come on automatically or does it wait for you to tell it when to come on (in case you are spending time reading while on the toilet? And does the soft down - or self closing part of the lid wait til you get off the toilet or does it come down at a pre-determined time limit - which may be annoying if you are still on the toilet or throwing up! Oh I almost forgot - what happens if/when I need to change the toilet seat???

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Don't have a Washlet yet. My understanding is that the Washlet only does stuff when you ask it to. You won't get a shower or konked in the head while throwing up.

Changing the seat should be almost as simple as changing any toilet seat, except you have to turn off the water to the toilet first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Pretty much any TOTO elongated bowl will take any elongated washlet.
Only the 400 series has the self opening seat. It has a motion sensor, and yes it's smart enough to know when you've had too much to drink.
Changing the seat is done by pushing in the button on the side, which releases the seat from the holder.
If you want to use the washing function, you need to press a button and call the function out. It's not smart enough to know what you are reading; if it's funny stuff, you may hear it chuckle.

Last edited:

Otearai

DIY Engineer
Reaction score
Does anyone have any first-hand information on the Toto Washlet?

We travel to Japan at least twice per year (family) and have been using Washlets for over a quarter of a century.

. . . can it be added to a Vespia or a Soiree?

Yes.

But there is a better option. In 2011, We replaced one of our toilets (located in a small powder room that our guests use when we have a dinner party) with a Toto Vespin II, and upgraded that toilet earlier this year by the addition of an Inax Clessence advanced toilet seat (which we purchased from Terry Love, who sells it for an excellent price, and even offers free shipping). Here is an image that shows how the Vespin II looks in context in the 33 inch-wide powder room with the Inax Clessence mounted:

DSCF4566.jpg

Why, when we purchased a Toto toilet, did we mate it with an Inax advanced toilet seat? I addressed that matter in a post in another thread in this forum a couple of days ago, here: https://terrylove.com/forums/showth...a-TOTO-CST416M&p=348384&viewfull=1#post348384

As to the other questions that you ask, we are hosting a large dinner party here later this week, and we anticipated that some of our guests may need to use the powder room, and might have questions similar to yours. So, to reduce the intimidation factor,

FearNot.jpg

we wrote and printed out the following instructions and taped the page to the wall next to the toilet. Here it is:

I hope that you find this helpful.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Seems like you made a lot of effort to find tasteful ways to explain things. Congratulations! You may find bidet-seat owners borrowing your idea!

Battiste2

Reaction score
thanks!

Thank you so much for all your info and for the pic and the posting! VERY HELPFUL!

We travel to Japan at least twice per year (family) and have been using Washlets for over a quarter of a century.

Yes.

But there is a better option. In 2011, We replaced one of our toilets (located in a small powder room that our guests use when we have a dinner party) with a Toto Vespin II, and upgraded that toilet earlier this year by the addition of an Inax Clessence advanced toilet seat (which we purchased from Terry Love, who sells it for an excellent price, and even offers free shipping). Here is an image that shows how the Vespin II looks in context in the 33 inch-wide powder room with the Inax Clessence mounted: View attachment 16653

Why, when we purchased a Toto toilet, did we mate it with an Inax advanced toilet seat? I addressed that matter in a post in another thread in this forum a couple of days ago, here: https://terrylove.com/forums/showth...a-TOTO-CST416M&p=348384&viewfull=1#post348384

As to the other questions that you ask, we are hosting a large dinner party here later this week, and we anticipated that some of our guests may need to use the powder room, and might have questions similar to yours. So, to reduce the intimidation factor, we wrote and printed out the following instructions and taped the page to the wall next to the toilet. Here it is: View attachment 16654

I hope that you find this helpful.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks