Does this sink drain configuration look right?

Users who are viewing this thread

lojoma

Reaction score
photo 1.JPG.jpgphoto 2.JPG.jpgView attachment 16537View attachment 16538

I have a three-basin kitchen sink with disposer in center. I will soon replace the sink and wondered if the current configuration is correct...I can't find a good source on how to set up the drain for a 3-basin sink (a good link would be appreciated).

So currently the left basin has its own trap, and the disposer and right basin share a trap.

I also think the high loop on the washer isn't right (and it's pretty gross; will be replaced).

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Last edited:

TTopPlumbing

Reaction score
Website
www.ttopplumbing.com
It works, might having draining issues due to the vent not being installed correctly. If it has problems draining remove the cleanout and install a studor vent in its place instead. The basin that does not have the garbage disposal connection is correct but we always install a long sweep 90 instead of such a tight bend.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The drain connects would be "right", except, since there is no vent, that makes both of them "incorrect". You photo implies that there is NO high loop for the dishwasher.

lojoma

Reaction score
The vent is in the wall. I know this because the cabinet was removed to replace the drain under the foundation and replaced it all the way to the vent. Thanks for your help.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The vent may be in the wall, but the way it's plumbed, it won't work correctly.
The fix mentioned above is to place an AAV or Studor Vent where the cleanout is.

lojoma

Reaction score
Okay, will do. I think I see what you mean now about why it needs that vent. I corrected the dishwasher line, too. Thanks for your help.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The vent may be in the wall, but it is NOT connected to your sink drains, at least not in such a way that it does anything. In addtion, depending on HOW it is installed in the wall, it might NOT be able to be connected to your sink's drain without creating additional problems. NO competent plumber would have "replaced the drain line" without also providing a proper connection in the wall for the sink connection, ESPECIALLY if the cabinet was removed. Therefore, he was not a plumber and/or not competent.

Last edited:

MikePlummer

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
The vent may be in the wall, but it is NOT connected to your sink drains, at least not in such a way that it does anything. In addtion, depending on HOW it is installed in the wall, it might NOT be able to be connected to your sink's drain without creating additional problems. NO competent plumber would have "replaced the drain line" without also providing a proper connection in the wall for the sink connection, ESPECIALLY if the cabinet was removed. Therefore, he was not a plumber and/or not competent.

amen!!!!!!!!

TTopPlumbing

Reaction score
Website
www.ttopplumbing.com

Lol, I like that and/or not competent part.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks