Super Moon tonight

Users who are viewing this thread

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Make sure you check out the Super Moon tonight.

It will very close to the earth and you may be able to see the American flag.

The Man on the Moon will be waving.

Enjoy Howling.

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, I tried looking for it, but, way too much cloud cover, it seems. I would had enjoyed looking it at, too. I was enjoying my

birthday, until, I got a card from my sister. I tried to return it, but, forgot to put another stamp on it, so, it was sent back again

and I tossed it in the garbage. Last night I had a great time with my kids and grandson, he is a hoot. I turned 58 today, Dig

that. :)

Don't you just love the Three Stooges Don? YOU can go to NH and buy a lottery ticket with THE Three STOOGES on it.

Last edited:

DonL

Reaction score
Well, I tried looking for it, but, way too much cloud cover, it seems. I would had enjoyed looking it at, too. I was enjoying my

birthday, until, I got a card from my sister. I tried to return it, but, forgot to put another stamp on it, so, it was sent back again

and I tossed it in the garbage. Last night I had a great time with my kids and grandson, he is a hoot. I turned 58 today, Dig

that. :)

Don't you just love the Three Stooges Don? YOU can go to NH and buy a lottery ticket with THE Three STOOGES on it.

Happy Birthday.

I do like the Three STOOGES.

They are still on Dish TV.

Cookie

Reaction score
Thank you, it was happy for the most part. It was spoiled though. I was praying it wouldn't be, but, never in the books for me.

Is the super moon on for tonite, too? If it is, I will watch it and pray to the moon God. :) I will pray this prayer, Dear Moon God, let me have a moment of peace in my life! This is I am not joking about.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I missed your Birthday yesterday? Happy Birthday Cookie!

I've had my computer off for two days and I'm back checking things now. I forgot to look at the moon last night. I think it would have been clear enough too. If it's out tonight, I will give it a look. If I see it, I'll moon dance.

Cookie

Reaction score
Thank you Terry, we should meet, you could moon dance and I could moon praying, lol.

DonL

Reaction score
Thank you, it was happy for the most part. It was spoiled though. I was praying it wouldn't be, but, never in the books for me.

Is the super moon on for tonite, too? If it is, I will watch it and pray to the moon God. :) I will pray this prayer, Dear Moon God, let me have a moment of peace in my life! This is I am not joking about.

Is it Moon God, or Moon Goddess ?

I think the Moon may be close for the next few nights.

Enjoy the Moon Dance with Terry.

Cookie

Reaction score
AH, maybe, Goddess. :) How sad, but, I don't dance. I got 2 left feet.

Cookie

Reaction score
I got a question, maybe you can answer. I was outside and got a sunburn today. Pretty bad, too. I was out from 10 am to 9 pm. I was mowing the grass, weeding, etc. My question is this. Now, my neighbors on 2 sides boxed me in. The crazy lady in the back, and a man on the side. He built a shed and put it directly on his property line, which means he also, has to come into my yard to do whatever to the back side of it. I am interested eventually, putting up a fence. My question is, do I have to put a gate in it, to give him access to my yard to the backside of his shed? I want privacy. Not that I am interested in sun bathing ****, lol, but, I am so tired of the neighbors. He also, had put a what I call a catch all next to it, and throws buckets, etc, in it, and, he built a somewhat wall out of 3 boards, and has these 3, 3 foot pipes holding it in place, and they slant out into my yard. And, with my grandson now walking and running, I want them out or the fence could cover them, perhaps, if he moved them in a bit. But, then, do, I have to leave room from my property to give him space, since, it built his right on his property line? Why do people do this? That is insane, I would never do that. He has alot of space, as well, as I. But, in this particular place it is kind of small and, I like the way two trees are situated. I even moved my husband handmade compost box, which was a chore, and, I am now going to put a table between these 2 trees for me. I get so many birds in them, I plan on taking some pictures of them. And, it sure would be nice to have some privacy.

Or do, I have to leave him space to get to the back and set my fence back a foot or 2, so he can. He should had moved his shed forward a bit, to allow himself room to get to the back.

If anyone knows, or came across this theirselves and can answer it would be great. Just looking for some insight on this.

Will let you know about the moon, I am going to sit out on the deck with a cup of tea. Anyone want one?

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Don, too much cloud cover, shucks. But, the tea was good. lol

Hi Cookie Happy belated Birthday.

Why don't you just put your fence 1 foot in on your property, as it would normally be done (here anyway). That should protect your kids and depending on local law, prevent your neighbor from claiming squatter's rights to the 1 foot? He sounds like an A-hole. All your neighbors do:p

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Thank you Bob. Well, I could but then, I would have to cut down one of those trees, too. It is sizeable and in good shape, and the birds love these trees. I could do 6 inches without cutting it, it would be close though. I don't know what it is with these neighbors, but, they got to squeeze every last inch out of their property and its useage. He has more than enough room, we all do really, he has planted so many apple trees he has a small orchard. I like this guy, but, really wish he wouldn't had done that. Plus, he makes poison meatballs, and distributes them around his house, he hates animals, and cats, so mine never goes out. This is why, I love my camp. No one is around me. Except for bears, snakes, mice, and I don't mind those. But anyways, my backyard is the Allegheny Forest and, on the sides is enough land no one bothers me. I even got a stream, and glacier rocks, which I sunbathe on and share with a snake. He sunbathes on one side, I on the other. :)

I enjoy the life I fought to keep, and others should enjoy the life they have.

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Thank you Bob. Well, I could but then, I would have to cut down one of those trees, too. It is sizeable and in good shape, and the birds love these trees. I could do 6 inches without cutting it, it would be close though. I don't know what it is with these neighbors, but, they got to squeeze every last inch out of their property and its useage. He has more than enough room, we all do really, he has planted so many apple trees he has a small orchard. I like this guy, but, really wish he wouldn't had done that. Plus, he makes poison meatballs, and distributes them around his house, he hates animals, and cats, so mine never goes out. This is why, I love my camp. No one is around me. Except for bears, snakes, mice, and I don't mind those. But anyways, my backyard is the Allegheny Forest and, on the sides is enough land no one bothers me. I even got a stream, and glacier rocks, which I sunbathe on and share with a snake. He sunbathes on one side, I on the other. :)

I enjoy the life I fought to keep, and others should enjoy the life they have.
Maybe somebody you know will use his meatballs as an ingredient for a nice lasagna for him. Not you of course, just sayin'.

You could always have your fence made with a little jog in it to go around that tree. I know what you mean about neighbors; I have 5 neighbors surrounding my back yard, and they all find it necessary to put all their crap in the far pack of their properties. I spent 5 grand in Feb to replace my fence with new Cedar dog eared pickets and if they pile their junk against this one they will hear from me. I get along with them all, but they just have no brains or common decency it seems. One even had brackets installed on my old fence to hang up his surf board and sheet metal bending brake from. Aargh! I had the fence guys carefully place his stuff on something else so they would not get damaged

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I hope he won't go back and put those brackets on your fence, that would be ashame. That would be very nervy of him to say the least. Sometimes, like Rodney Dangerfield said, " I get no respect." I think, when I am ready to fence in that area with the neighbor with the shed, I will either not fence in the shed, or leave it out as much as possible. He was a good friend to us, especially, my husband. I like this guy. He can be funny. We used to have our gardens close together and we were novices at gardening back then, and grew our spaghetti squash to be way too big, it got really seedy, but, we didn't know. This one day I was in the garden, and I asked him, if he wanted some squash, and, then, we just had an 8 foot high deer guard as a fence, and, I was going to walk some out to him, but, he insisted I just " toss it." Well, I did, and it hit him right between the eyes. He was laughing about it, even though he probably was seeing stars. He's been a good neighbor and he loved my husband. Every Sunday, he would pace back & forth in front of our house, looking in the door, he would never come in, he wanted what I call, my husband to come out and play. Together they would sit on the landscaped timbers and shoot the breeze. This was every Sunday for years. He is at least 20 years older than us. I would tell my husband if I saw him outside, his friend was calling on him, lol. I don't care, I will move my fence so he can have the room, or not landlock him at all. He's a good buddy. He's worth it.

Last edited:

DonL

Reaction score
I tried to be a nice guy by planting some Palm trees 10 feet inside of my property line, so they would not hang over on the neighbors property.

I went out and found the neighbor Drilling Fence Post holes in line with my trees. He thought the trees were on the property line.

I had to get my metal detector out and show him where the property line was. His eyes got real big.

Now he has to fill in the holes on my property, and drill new holes by hand too move his fence over 10 feet.

Cookie you may want to check your local building codes.
Around here you can not build on a property line, and any overhang has to be within the property line.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Make sure you check out the Super Moon tonight.

It will very close to the earth and you may be able to see the American flag.

The Man on the Moon will be waving.

Enjoy Howling.

Wow, we had a clear night here Sunday. I saw the American flag, and there was a tag on it that says "made in China" somebody been up there since we were?

And the man in the Moon? he had a scowl on his face. Must be from all that political BS on the forthcoming election in November here and what's going on all over the World. Maybe the Mayans really did know something?:eek:

Cookie

Reaction score
Yep, I checked with the commissioners here a couple weeks ago. Anything, can be built directly on the prop line, usually, I was told, most people will leave enough of wiggle room, 6 inches, he said, so, they can fix the backside. 6 inches? You got to be mightly skinny to wiggle into that. I was outside yesterday with a friend, on my deck and, he asked me, who all the people are in my yard, LOL. The lady down back was there with her workers, the neighbor on the side was out in the back of his shed, I had 5 people in my yard, lol. We sat and watched them, and he said, " I would move if I were you."

I would like to do alot of things.

Your neighbor sounds about as nuts as mine. How awful, he was going to cause an easement by his overhang of the trees.

Come to think of it, I missed a golden opportunity to make some $ in my own backyard, I should had charged trespassing fees. :)
Oh, God, Don, I just thought of something, I should film it, put it on utube, stating, " this is my yard, who are these people?" It would go viral. Especially, when the one neighbor with the shed, brings his 4 little grandkids down. They run about, lol. Pick my flowers, and have a great time.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks