Bathroom vanity p trap

Users who are viewing this thread

butwhydoitalk2u

Reaction score
Might as well take apart the wall and raise the tee then. I don't want any issues just trying to save some time. I did notice that my drain goes into the wall then has a 90 to the right then....I don't know where else it goes. I imagine that behind the access plate on the wall there is a tee of some sort.

Can I just cut off the 90 that's in the wall running towards the vanity horizontally and place a 90 going up vertically then another going horizontal

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
NO! That would just create a more serious violation than the one in your drawing. If you raise the pipe you also have to raise the tee the pipe goes into. If the toilet is next to the sink, the pipe probably goes to a point near the center of the toilet and connects to its vertical vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks