Tired of Mixet shower handles

Users who are viewing this thread

sdcabob

Reaction score
I'd like to replace 2 showers with Mixet with a different brand. I'm told that these pieces must be replaced with same brand due to match with valve.

True? Or are there other brands to choose from that can fit on these valves too?

Am trying to avoid going through tile and dry wall for repair if possible. Thanks!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You cannot REPAIR your shower with anything but Mixet parts. Faucet parts are not generic at all......must match brand and model. The best you could to is possibly find a brushed nickel escutcheon. Mixet parts are getting scarce.

If you can get access inside the wall, from the front OR from the backside, then you can install any new shower valve you wish.

mixet_valve_trim.jpg

Mixet

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Thanks hj. I jave heard of that anit-crossover cartridge, but have not used it. My point was also that choices of upgrading the "look" are limited to the brand. Does that aftermarket cartridge require still the Mixet handles, or doe it use Moen handles and trim. If the latter is the case, that would open up a few more opportunities as far as handle and trim styles and colors.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
mixet

I haven't used any either, but I had many apartment complexes in the early 70's that had serious crossover problems to the point where the apartments at the end of the runs could not get any hot water at all. These would have fixed them. They use the Mixet body, so you have to use Mixet trim.

schneider120

Reaction score
I haven't used any either, but I had many apartment complexes in the early 70's that had serious crossover problems to the point where the apartments at the end of the runs could not get any hot water at all. These would have fixed them. They use the Mixet body, so you have to use Mixet trim.

DID YOU EVER FIND OUT OF YOU CAN USE OTHER NON MIXET TRIM AFTERWARD?

schneider120@hotmail.com

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks