19 signs that America has become a control freak nation

Users who are viewing this thread

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Here is an ineresting article - they forgot house sprinkler systems....

http://www.yolohub.com/economy/19-s...eak-nation-where-almost-everything-is-illegal

tacoma_2200.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
So John Stossel is now taking up Ian's cause?

Ian Gills has been saying this about America for years. Too many laws meant to protect us from running with scissors and other dangers.
I think Ian's biggest gripe was not being able to buy a beer on Sunday. Where in the world do they make laws like that? Heck, we all know that beer saved the world.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
. Too many laws meant to protect us from running with scissors and other dangers.

When I was a young whippersnapper, a kid in my neighboorhood was running and fell on some scissors and died. Fortunately, I was not present at the grizzly scene, but we all heard about it at school then next day. SO, one kid died but a few hundred for the rest of their lives never forgot the golden rule...don't run with scissors. As usual, Darwin wins.

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
Laws on the books and laws that are enforced are totally different things. I called the cops one night because the neighbor thinks that having 30 dogs is "ok" even tho they bark all night. The cop came out and said well......."You could take him to court over it or you can go and buy some hotdogs and antifreeze and feed them a snack"

Now thats a cop telling to to kill the dogs. Laws mean nothing if no one enforces them.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of business people; some of them are very successful and wealthy, but a lot are just making a very decent living and extremely happy with the fact that they are the boss and not having to take orders from "the boss".

I don't know any lawyers who are just comfortable or just eeking out a living. They are all wealthy; that's why they become lawyers. The laws are made by lawyers who have become law makers. If they stopped doing law "stuff" or create laws, there would be no need for lawyers to defend people against breaking these laws or create loopholes to allow big business to bend the laws within legal means.

OK, now I'm just ranting, but what it boils down to is,...................ah, forget it, now I'm just totally aggravated.:mad: Feh!

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Laws on the books and laws that are enforced are totally different things. I called the cops one night because the neighbor thinks that having 30 dogs is "ok" even tho they bark all night. The cop came out and said well......."You could take him to court over it or you can go and buy some hotdogs and antifreeze and feed them a snack"

Now thats a cop telling to to kill the dogs. Laws mean nothing if no one enforces them.

Cops not too smart, even to the point that a hot dog cant carry a dose of anti freeze that would kill. Some gopher strichnine might work. Or try throwing a feral cat over the fence every night for a few weeks.

Never live on less than 5 acres is your best solution.

Take powerful note all you builders and subs that while sprinklers are required in California in new homes, they are NOT, repeat NOT needed in any size "mobile" home. Thats why we are in need of breaking laws, they seem to be created by imbeciles without any review by the industry affected.

Last edited:

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
Cops not too smart, even to the point that a hot dog cant carry a dose of anti freeze that would kill. Some gopher strichnine might work. Or try throwing a feral cat over the fence every night for a few weeks.

Never live on less than 5 acres is your best solution.

Take powerful note all you builders and subs that while sprinklers are required in California in new homes, they are NOT, repeat NOT needed in any size "mobile" home. Thats why we are in need of breaking laws, they seem to be created by imbeciles without any review by the industry affected.

I called my lawyer and he sent a nasty letter to the neighbor. No more dogs. Cost me 120.00 and I still get to live in my house......in peace.

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
Next time "make" some stationary and write the letter for 45 cents.

I did that but it cost a few bucks....I sent it certified mail so the fool couldn't say he never got it. I dont like to take people to court but if they leave me no option then I dont have a big problem with it. I'd rather take a guy to court than to go beat him down in his driveway........and then I'm the one in court on the wrong side.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks