Measuring electrical useage

Users who are viewing this thread

Nukeman

Nuclear Engineer
Reaction score
There is no such thing as "cold" anyway. Cold is only used to talk about a lack of heat, but it is all relative anyway. Water at 40F is smoking hot compared to the temperature of liquid N2. :)

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
There is no such thing as "cold" anyway. Cold is only used to talk about a lack of heat, but it is all relative anyway. Water at 40F is smoking hot compared to the temperature of liquid N2. :)

This is why plumbing codes contain a section called "Definitions"

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I burn wood for the pleasure of Smell and Looks.
I guess that is something us Old Farts do.

When I was a kid, I used to make fires to entertain myself. Catch a kid doing that now, and he's going to detention.
I can make a fire out of almost nothing. It's a pretty good laugh to watch a show like Survivor and see how incapable the contestants are about making a fire to boil water. I thought that was stuff you learned as a kid.

Our Summer place heated with a wood stove, and we had wood everywhere and hatchets and axes and brush clearing axes. We also had a large wood pile at home, with an axe handy if we wanted to split wood. I don't remember my parents caring if I was splitting wood in first grade. I just had to be home by dinner time.

My spell checker doesn't recognize the word axe. Is it such a strange concept now, that the people that write computer programs haven't used the word before?

quesnel_pvee.jpg

Rounding up wood to split scavenged from the lake in the 60's

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks