Can I vent two sinks with a single foot vent upstream? thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

k52

Reaction score
I have an island sink and it is vented with a foot vent as required. Down stream about 8 ft. from this island sink (and foot vent) I have a kitchen sink against a wall with no opportunity to vent it. (It will be very hard to vent it like I did my island sink). Can it be wet vented using the 3 inch waste line that is from the vented island sink? (another way of asking is) Can the foot vent in an island vent two sinks where one is down stream of the foot vent?

ALSO There has been some sugestion that the waste from a toilet even further upstream will empty the ptrap in the sink that is vented from the island sink upstream! Is that a problem?

I can draw a picture if that helps!

thanks k52

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
ALSO There has been some sugestion that the waste from a toilet even further upstream will empty the ptrap in the sink that is vented from the island sink upstream! Is that a problem?

Well...........the reason for a proper vent is to prevent the toilet from siphon the traps farther down the line.
Waiting for the picture.

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
I have an island sink and it is vented with a foot vent as required. Down stream about 8 ft. from this island sink (and foot vent) I have a kitchen sink against a wall with no opportunity to vent it. (It will be very hard to vent it like I did my island sink). Can it be wet vented using the 3 inch waste line that is from the vented island sink? (another way of asking is) Can the foot vent in an island vent two sinks where one is down stream of the foot vent?

I can draw a picture if that helps!

thanks k52

No you cannot do it that way, it requires either it's own standard vent or another island vent setup.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks