Seal on Toto drain adaptor for units with drain at back

Users who are viewing this thread

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
A question about the rubber seal on the adapter. The end that the toilet horn enters. Is that rubber seal glued or otherwise attached to the adapter, or can it be replaced?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you are talking about a Unifit adapter, it's a rubber seal that the horn drops down into.

You can put liquid soap on it for lubrication, but normally I just set the bowl down on it.

flange_03.jpg

This is only for the skirted bowls.
The Drake doesn't use this adapter.

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
A question about the rubber seal on the adapter. The end that the toilet horn enters. Is that rubber seal glued or otherwise attached to the adapter, or can it be replaced?

It just slips in. If Toto will sell you the seal it can be replaced.

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
I need to know if I can replace the seal. I need to decide now what to do.

The plumber that installed it used grease that appears to have compromised the rubber.

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
I need to know if I can replace the seal. I need to decide now what to do.

The plumber that installed it used grease that appears to have compromised the rubber.

Go to Toto's website and see if its offered as a replacement part. I doubt it. You could call Toto and they might can send you just the gasket. I dunno but I can tell you they are not glued in or anything,they just pop in and out.

I have a 12" and a 10" in my garage and I checked both of them.

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
By pop out, you mean you can just pull them out - right? That is what I needed to know.

I have been trying to get one out and it was not coming out with the force I applied. I was afraid of ruining another unifit.

I tried Toto's store earlier. Search finds no Unifit and I am not sure what the toilet model is.

I currently have two toilets out of service so I am trying real hard to get one back up.

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
By pop out, you mean you can just pull them out - right? That is what I needed to know.

I have been trying to get one out and it was not coming out with the force I applied. I was afraid of ruining another unifit.

I tried Toto's store earlier. Search finds no Unifit and I am not sure what the toilet model is.

I currently have two toilets out of service so I am trying real hard to get one back up.

The grease your plumber used may have caused the rubber to swell. I suppose the swelling could make the rubber harder to remove

Yes pull it out.

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
I am still not certain we are talking about the same thing. I am not trying to remove the adapter from anything. I am trying to take the rubber seal out of the adapter.

I have been sitting watching Avatar and continuing to try to remove the seal. I just do not seem to have sufficient strength to pull it out. I have a new unifit assembly for another toilet. I am trying to reinstall the used (greased) unifit adapter back under the toilet to which it was previously attached. I want to replace the existing seal for the used unifit with one from the new unifit.

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
I never said anything about an adapter but I'm talking about the black rubber seal shown in the picture that Terry post up the page. That black rubber seal pulls out.

Goodluck!

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
Thanks. I will have to figure out how to get it out. I am just not strong enough anymore. That is depressing.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I doubt that the grease the plumber put on it damaged it, and I highly doubt that it is glued in. It is likely just a tight fit and should come out with a bit of prying. The Unifit adapter is used on several Toto models, and the adapter's gasket is the exactly the same for all of them. I do have to wonder why, if a plumber installed the toilet, did you remove it, and why do you think you have a gasket problem?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks