...and, what would you do? lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
ABC News' Ben Waldron reports:

A Bronx man says he nearly had an asthma attack after opening his mail to find a $44 million medical bill from a local hospital.

Unemployed doorman Alexis Rodriguez, 28, received the astronomical bill after receiving successful treatment for pneumonia at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital last week, The New York Daily News reports.

"I almost had an asthma attack," said Rodriguez, who apparently is not the only patient to receive an outsized bill. The firm responsible for the botched billing, PHY Services, was reportedly inundated with complaints and has since apologized.

"If you are calling with respect the billing statement for services provided at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital, please disregard the statement," said a recording for concerned callers, "you will be receiving a new statement shortly."

PHY is blaming the mistake on a "system error" that resulted in the bill's invoice number being mistakenly placed in the "amount due" field.

As for Rodriguez, he owes no more than $300 for outpatient services.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Nothing.

No need to pay...

And what would you do Cookie ?

Cookie

Reaction score
Nothing. Nothing surprises me anymore. I probably would had laughed.

My girlfriend just emailed me and said, she would pay 5 bucks a month! that is it. :)

(cheap cheap)

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Ah, don't tell her that, her head will get big. :)

It seems to had past the censorship. lol.

DonL

Reaction score
Ah, don't tell her that, her head will get big. :)

It seems to had past the censorship. lol.

That is how I feel.

Terry is very cool, He can block what he wants.

I try not to use bad words.

Do you think that words in the Bible (Any Version) should be spoken ?

Off of subject, But you are a big girl.

When is the Big date ?

Cookie

Reaction score
The censorship I was talking about was the one where it will * out letters... Bible words? What does that mean? I am very sorry, but, I am lost by your post, completely, do not know what to say.

Cookie

Reaction score
I posted the article, because I thought it was funny Don. 44 million, that is funny, what a mistake that had to be. Imagine, opening that up, I would had laughed. I thought it was an entertaining article. If it upset you, I don't know why it would.

Cookie

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I go back to high school, she knows I was kidding about her head, lol.

...and, that is a long time ago, being I am going to soon be 58 years old and I graduated when I was 17.

Cookie

Reaction score
Terry, is a very nice man and a very good friend of mine, and yes, he is very cool.

Cookie

Reaction score
The big day hasn't been set yet. That might take a while, who knows, we might be married in an oncology unit, he is an hematolgist/oncologist and well, I volunteer on his unit with kids. Kids might get a kick out of it. Who knows, time will tell.

DonL

Reaction score
The censorship I was talking about was the one where it will * out letters... Bible words? What does that mean? I am very sorry, but, I am lost by your post, completely, do not know what to say.

I guess that was a book that you did not get to read.

Sorry.

Cookie

Reaction score
Yes, she is very smart, lol., smart enought to pass over all the unwanted 3 legged animals to me. She is very smart, she knows who to call and email. :)

By the way, about medical bills, they will and they can send them to collection agencies. They are good to do that.

Your girlfriend is smart.

Medical bills can not be held against you if you make some effort to pay something.

I forgot to say I would be pissed. Can I say that ?

Cookie

Reaction score
If you referring to the Bible, I have read that book, and found it to be written in different times, therefore, I question, (sorry) alot of what was written by man.

... and, so many stories like the one about Job, is sad harsh, it makes me question, if God could had been such a mean God? To me, that story, replaces his kids, with others, like the first ones didn't matter. I don't agree with that, at all, because "tests" should not include kids, and people lives. Just my opinion for what it is worth.

I do not want to believe in a God that can do some of what was written in the Bible. I want to believe in a God, that is completely loving and kind.

What words in the Bible are you talking about? Now, am curious, because, I have studied the Bible, I am a catholic girl, with mostly, a catholic education, and even, my kids got their degrees at a catholic university. The bible, I know.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I find the Bible fails to answer the most important question almost anyone, everyone asks, which is, why do we suffer.

mohamed-mardini-2022.jpg

What I find interesting, is even the earliest Christians believed they were living in the last days. Their Lord had himself been an apolcalypticist who warned the people of Israel to repent before it was too late, for "the Kingdom of God is very near," (Mark 1:15). And, Jesus had been a follower of John, who indicated that the "ax is already laid at the root of the tree" --in other words, that the apolcalyptic judgement was soon to begin. Jesus' own followers thought that he would be the one to bring that judgement that he had ascended into heaven but would soon return to judge the earth and bring in the Kingdom of God as the messiah. They expected it all to be imminent.

But, the days of waiting turned into weeks, then into months, then into years, and then into decades. And, the end never came. What happens to a belief that is radically disconfirmed by the events of history?

What happened in this instance was that the followers of Jesus transformed his message. In some ways the apocalyptic hope can be understood as a kind of divine time line in which all of history is divided into 2 periods, this wicked age controlled by the forces of evil and the coming age in which evil will be destroyed and God's people will rule supreme. When the end did not come as expected, some of Jesus' followers transformed this temporal dualism (this age versus the age to come) into a spatial dualism, between the world below and world above.

My point being, there are already traces of "de-apocalpticized" version of Christianity in the New Testament itself. The last of our Gospels to be written was John, written by someone other than the John who wrote the book of Revlation. It is striking that in John's Gospel Jesus no longer talks about the coming of Kingdom of God as a place where God will rule here on earth. What matters for John's Gospel is not the future of the world. What matters is eternal life in heaven, which comes to those who believe in Jesus.

I know the bible, lol. It is one of my favorite books, but, a book written in different time lines. And, I would like to believe that God is a kinder gentler character than written.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
ha ha ha ha, Now, I think I got what you were saying, and, my answer is, no. I do not take the Lord's name in vain. :)

Now, if you want to know anything... about the good book, just ask, LOL... :) Did you learn anything? LOL.

I can tutor.
I can be very dense, lol.

That is how I feel.

Terry is very cool, He can block what he wants.

I try not to use bad words.

Do you think that words in the Bible (Any Version) should be spoken ?

Off of subject, But you are a big girl.

When is the Big date ?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks