Not loving the Drake

Users who are viewing this thread

mizrachi

Reaction score
Am I the only one here who doesn't *love* his Toto Drake? I find that I'm constantly having to clean the back wall and the underside of the seat. The flushing power just does not remove all residue. Perhaps it's because I didn't buy the elongated bowl. Who knows? But is there a way to increase the water pressure or treat the back wall or hack it some how to improve performance? Or do I need to consider a replacement (which one?).

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think perhaps you should examine your diet and/or consult a urologist. If your bowl movements are so explosive that feces is splattered like that, the problem is not the toilet, regardless of brand or model.

MTcummins

In the Trades
Reaction score
Underside of seat? Is this happening before or after flush? If the toilet is splashing up on the bottom of the seat during a flush, you probably need to contact Toto about a warranty replacement, as it shouldn't be splashing that much. If its before the flush, the toilet is not your problem, as Gary said.

mizrachi

Reaction score
I think perhaps you should examine your diet and/or consult a urologist. If your bowl movements are so explosive that feces is splattered like that, the problem is not the toilet, regardless of brand or model.

i don't think diet is the issue as i've never a problem with my high powered water wasting flushometer toilet. would the a drake II be better equipped at handling rear wall skid marks?

mizrachi

Reaction score
i'm a bit confused by this too, but perhaps the deep set angle of the soft close seat is creating this? by this i mean the underside of the seat issue.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
hj likes Vortens.
I had a pressure assist Vortens with a Flushmate in my master for a year. The bowl was always dirty, but at least I was the only one that saw it.
The rinse was pretty thin.

I have a double cyclone Toto in there now. Much better.
However, everybody is a bit different, and bowls are too. Sometimes you need a bit of trial and error.

Sometimes I give out hj's number for people that call me from Arizona that want an installer. I guess he's not interested in the work. I need to find a plumber in the Phoenix and Scottsdale area.

I do think that the Kohler with Flushmate does a pretty good job at rinsing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm considering trying a Drake II bowl one of these days to address the above the water line skid marks that sometimes happen. I need to check whether or not it is a fit with the EcoDrake tank's I have.

I don't use one of the Toto seats, but seat spatter underneath typically comes with a bout of diarrhea...or from the effect of really good dark beers with live yeast still in the bottle.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks