I am the luckiest person in the world

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
See, Ian, I am here for a purpose, what are we going to debate next? ;)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
39 years old. Wow!

When I was 57 I was diagnosed with cancer and given a 50/50 chance of going five more years. That was two years ago.

Yes, Cookie and I may not have that much more time to debate things. But then we may have plenty of time. Either way, let the debating continue! We shouldn't be wasting time.

Thursday I went out dancing, Friday I went out dancing, Saturday was dancing, Sunday was swimming way out of the swimming area to the buoys in the lake to keep the boats off shore, and in the evening a play at the Act. Tonight a softball double header. I'm not going to let any moss grow. Got to get this stuff done now, not later. Who knows how much later you have left anyway.

The play I went to was about the Virgin Queen Elizabeth and Mary Stuart, Queen of Scots.
It takes place around 1587
Some of my relatives came to the US in 1621.
As the play begins, Mary (a Catholic) is suspected of treasonous involvement in assassination plots against Elizabeth (a Protestant). Fearing Mary will usurp her crown and incite religious strife, an ambivalent Elizabeth is pressed by court advisers to order her cousin's execution, and remove her as a political threat.

Cookie

Reaction score
So, she had her relative removed... food for thought, LOL. ONLY kidding... I might have to see that play. ;)

I am glad to be here Bob. :) And, Terry those 2 years says a LOT, CONGRATS!!!!!!

Like Terry, things looked grim. I couldn't believe I was sitting to this day, in that oncologist's office listening that "I" had cancer. I always thought I would get it to be honest, ( in the family) but, not at 44. I thought I was good until, whenever, but not that young. I was a runner, active, busy working, busy raising kids, had this great life, a wonderful man I was married to. I don't know about you Terry, but, I didn't take that news too well. I was at first "embarrassed" like I failed at keeping my body well. I was so embarrassed I wouldn't tell a soul. But, then, I started to look green around the edges, kind of sickly, and people just asked, what was wrong. I had to say. I didn't want to. The bottom really dropped out 2 years later when I was diagnosed again, with a worser Lymphoma, Non Hodgkins, not just Hodgkins. This time, I knew I had the "bad" one and since, the embarrassment had woren off, now I was just angrier than one can imagine. Weird, I had no one to be angry with so, I did what I called the " night of the dishwasher, the broken glass." I started to empty the dishwasher, and when I was done throwing every dish, cup, and plate as far as my arm would throw, I started in the cabinets. I cleaned them out, literally. The next morning, when I walked into the kitchen seeing my husband sipping his coffee from a gravy boat and heard him say, " let me have just this one." We laughed all the way to the Kmart to buy all new, and then, I knew that I was going to be okay. Maybe, I would beat it, maybe, I wouldn't, but, I knew I was then, okay with whatever happened. Happened it did. Next time, I was diagnosed it was okay. Then, the next time, it was okay. Then, in 2005, it went into my bones. Wow, I went from a stage 2 to 4. Being their isn't a 5, I knew it couldn't get much worse. ;) But, it was okay. So, it is mind over matter. Now, here I am, this adorable creature, lol, at 57, and still going strong... Like I said, guys, I am the luckiest person in the world. I stopped asking why, why I am alive and others die from it, I just start like Terry to appreciate all the days, and all the time I have left, just like anyone else. Remember how long high school was? I was thinking this earlier, because I got an email from old girlfriends wanting to get together, but, I spent 4 years in high school, and, I spent 5 years and 3 months so far sitting in a pink chair getting liquid draino dripped in my veins. But, I am here. I won't take it for granted. I can run circles around the healthiest people. I have dreams which most people in my shoes wouldn't dare. I have a relative who says, " if I were you I wouldn't get married again." Well, I was married to a guy who let me, because he had no choice in letting me be who I am. I am stubborn, strong-willed, headstrong, opinionated and, those are my good points. So, when I meet this man, I will get married again, just to spite her. ;) Life is good. Infact, it is great. I can't wait for the day, Ian, says, I am right about everything.

39 years old. Wow!

When I was 57 I was diagnosed with cancer and given a 50/50 chance of going five more years. That was two years ago.

Yes, Cookie and I may not have that much more time to debate things. But then we may have plenty of time. Either way, let the debating continue! We shouldn't be wasting time.

Thursday I went out dancing, Friday I went out dancing, Saturday was dancing, Sunday was swimming way out of the swimming area to the buoys in the lake to keep the boats off shore, and in the evening a play at the Act. Tonight a softball double header. I'm not going to let any moss grow. Got to get this stuff done now, not later. Who knows how much later you have left anyway.

The play I went to was about the Virgin Queen Elizabeth and Mary Stuart, Queen of Scots.
It takes place around 1587
Some of my relatives came to the US in 1621.
As the play begins, Mary (a Catholic) is suspected of treasonous involvement in assassination plots against Elizabeth (a Protestant). Fearing Mary will usurp her crown and incite religious strife, an ambivalent Elizabeth is pressed by court advisers to order her cousin's execution, and remove her as a political threat.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Makes you appreciate it all, doesn't it Terry. It makes everyday a celebration. We are unlike those who don't get it, we do. We know what is important and what isn't. We are not afraid to be who we are ( not that I ever was) but, like PopEye, I yam what I yam, and damn proud of it. You should be, too.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I am the luckiest person in the world. I think, I will rename it to say, the luckiest woman in the world, what the heck. ;)

I get to go to that, that, place with the scary missing radio today. I was off a few days from there, my nerves warranted it. Actually, I am only there part time which is why, and why I am still reasonably sane, though that is not conclusive.

I will do my best today to find that radio but just incase, I am taking this teeny-tiny little earbud radio set with me which I know, will bug them. I won't even have it on, so I can hear the discussion about me, lol. Hey, I know they don't like me, and, that is okay. Do you wonder why?

Sunday though I got an open house and next week an appraisal on the agenda, I like those jobs. :)

I am truly glad to be here, I think, of that actor who just past on and my heart breaks for him and his family. I always wish I could fix all the ills in the world and society. I am attempting one person at a time. You ready Ian? :)

Have a nice day y'all.

*I will leave you all with this thought, everyday is Thanksgiving. So, now I am on my way to make those people at work happy. :) See, I am good for something. lol.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm ready.

Fearing Mary will usurp her crown and incite religious strife, an ambivalent Elizabeth is pressed by court advisers to order her cousin's execution, and remove her as a political threat.

That Mary was a trouble-maker.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks