Waxless seal for Toto Soiree

Users who are viewing this thread

mchristo

Reaction score
Is there an alternative to a wax ring for the Soiree (with pvc outlet connection)?
I need to move the flange and when I do, it will be too close to radiant floor heat and would melt a wax ring.

I was thinking about silicone?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Fluidmaster waxsless seal works on the Unifit.
Just make sure you don't follow directions.

Push the Fluidmaster funnel onto the Unifit, and then install the Unift to the floor flange.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That link shows all of the Fluidmaster replacment bits, but yes, the waxless seal will work, I have several on my toilets. You can get them at HD. You need to ensure that the pipe inside is clean and smooth since the seal is made by a big, soft, rubber o-ring - the walls must be clean to get a good seal. On PVC or ABS, it's not a problem, but could be with an older cast iron pipe.

SaniSeal

Reaction score
The Sani Seal is a new waxless toilet seal.

We have come a long way since 2010.

The Sani Seal is THE solution to the wax seal problem. Unlike other waxless seals, the Sani Seal Toilet Gasket is familiar and logical.

We designed the shape and material of the Sani Seal so that one single gasket will work with nearly all toilet to flange applications. Firstly, it works with every single flange, even cast iron. The material remains flexible so that it may conform to uneven floors. It works on flanges that are 3/8" above or 3/8" below the finished floor. It is incredibly easy to stack for deeper flanges. With wax one has to mold two wax rings together and bring the toilet straight down, so that the toilet does not come down at an angle and cause the double wax rings to break their shape and collapse inward.

It is extremely EASY to install and made of flexible, durable material and coated with a medical-grade, water-proof material that are guaranteed to last.
install1.jpg

It's designed to hold the bolts up and stay in place making it extremely easy to set the toilet. If you forget something you can pull the toilet back up and reset it on the same Sani Seal.

breakout.jpg

We won Retailers Choice award at the National Hardware Show this year.

Sani Seal Toilet Gasket is MADE IN USA.

Please check out our website at sanisealgasket.com for testimonials and more information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Mr. Saniseal has violated the posting rules for this forum. This is not to judge the product he is selling, I have no information on it. The Fluidmaster is a proven product. The Saniseal may or may not be an improvement. Just remember this guy is selling them.

Terry Love

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Gary,
I'm letting this one go. I would like to see a few of these in person and use a few to see how they work.
If they want to send me some, that would be nice.
Terry

Update, I bought some and have been using them on two bathrooms in my home. They seem to work fine.
12/11/2012

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I am interested in hearing more about the new gasket myself.

For completeness of this thread, would remind folks that Fernco also makes a waxless seal. I used 2 of them in my house and so far so good. I like the fact that it has molded-in "barbs" instead of using a separate rubber o-ring. One piece. Simple.

SaniSeal

Reaction score
Gary, you are right, Fluidmaster is proven and we like Fluidmaster. We just believe we have a toilet bowl to flange gasket that is waxless but works like wax, which is ideal because toilets and the flanges they bolt to are made around that idea; and also in so many ways our gasket works much better than wax. I don't mean to spam and didn't try to deceive people and pretend I'm not with Sani Seal. I took a risk replying to the post in such a way, but I feel all that information is necessary for someone to quickly understand what Sani Seal is. I'm the web developer at Sani Seal, I'm really not here to sell, but to inform and create "buzz".

Terry, I appreciate you allowing this discussion, I would be happy to send you some.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
So Terry,
Where would you use your first Saniseal?
Would you try it on a customer's house, or would you try it at your own home? I know you install different toilets at your house to give them first-hand knowledge - is this a place where you would do the same thing with a new technology?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It would be my home so I can see the long term affect.
Besides, I move things around here and not dealing with wax for that is always nice. Mine are like musical chairs.

Update:
9/28/2018
I have a Sani-Seal in my Master bath and it seems to be working out well.
Thanks for sending me some of your product to try it out.

Last edited:

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Sounds like fun!

You could have a "toilet of the week" sort of theme. Or a "throne for the day".

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Unless it's a real dog, it take more than a day to evaluate a toilet. Unfortuneately, some of the testing agencies only get that one-day result. One reason I like this site - long-term test results from more than one source.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Good point, Jim.

Sort of like testing out a car - it's one thing to look under the hood, it's another to spend a few weeks in the driver's seat...

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Yes, and it's important to have a few people over to test sit the throne.

It's always funny to hear people come out for the first time and say "Hey, the seat is warm!"
Yes, it surprises some people to sit on a heated bidet seat for the first time.

JerryR

Reaction score
I'm the web developer at Sani Seal, I'm really not here to sell, but to inform and create "buzz".

This looks like a nice product and I was going to order a few using your online store.
I did not order because of my concern of lack of typical credit card number web security.

As the Web Developer perhaps you can explain something to me.

The Store site states: "The Sani Seal Store is encrypted with 256bit keys and authenticated by C O M O D O.
Credit Card data is not stored on our servers and is only encrypted and relayed to PayPal’s secure servers for payment processing."

1- Why is there not a link to a secure PayPal site if one wants to use it?
2- Why is the site where customers input credit card information directly NOT a secure https:// URL?

Jerry

SaniSeal

Reaction score
I embedded the store in an iframe on that page to keep the site fluid. The store is at https://sanisealgasket.com/store and is embedded as https://. I could make the page I embedded it in https also, but because I put the Facebook thing on the left, if you checked your https connection in the browser it would say it's secure but not all elements are secure.

I decided not to add the PayPal Check Out button because sometimes when you redirect to PayPal it gives some sort of error and people were getting failed attempts at ordering and just gave up. Maybe I will put it back on the checkout page anyway.

Check out the store as it is and let me know if you think it'd be better to leave it as it is and not embedded please. Also please let me know if you think it'd be best to have the Pay Pal Check out button and/or link to buy.

Thanks for letting me know your thoughts on it.

sani_seal_package.jpg

JerryR

Reaction score
Check out the store as it is and let me know if you think it'd be better to leave it as it is and not embedded please. Also please let me know if you think it'd be best to have the Pay Pal Check out button and/or link to buy.

Thanks for letting me know your thoughts on it.

I think you will lose sales without the base page either being an https or having a direct PayPal Check Out button.

I am going to order but will use a special credit card that has a very low credit limit. I only use this card when ordering items with questionable security so I can monitor it for abuse with limited risk.

Jerry

JerryR

Reaction score
I think you will lose sales without the base page either being an https or having a direct PayPal Check Out button.

I am going to order but will use a special credit card that has a very low credit limit. I only use this card when ordering items with questionable security so I can monitor it for abuse with limited risk.

Jerry

Well I took the "leap" and ordered 3 saniseals on Wednesday via the store link. Here it is Saturday and order still shows "pending.". Is that the norm?

Jerry

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks