Mansfield anti-syphon outdoor faucet.

Users who are viewing this thread

treehouse910

Reaction score
Thanks. The hoses were removed, and the faucet worked fine for about 3 weeks this spring. Could we have too high of water pressure? We have also broken two water timers...split right down the seams.

flyinghooks

Reaction score
Mansfield hose won't turn off

Not sure exactly which model I have yet but it's definitely a Mansfield anti- syphon hose as pictured in the earlier diagram in this thread. Today when the kids turned on the hose for the sprinkler the hose assembly shot out at them. I can replace it but can not screw it in far enough to turn it off. Water also leaks around the handle. It seems the bonnet is pressed back into the handle so when you try to turn on the hose you unscrew the bonnet completely.. thoughts?

RaeW

Reaction score
I experienced the same problem. The bonnet was loose. Remove the handle with a 3/8" socket or flat screwdriver, tighten the bonnet (plastic-reverse threads), replace the handle.

makemysteakrare

Reaction score
Mansfield Handle, Help!

This is going to seem lame after these posts by people replacing the guts, but how in the world do you get a new handle on? I've checked and double checked that there is only one model of handle, but even with a mallet, we can't get the new handle to go on. Anyone have any hints/advice to share?

Thanks! (we are also one of the turn it on and off in the basement kinds of places.)

Added: Actually, I've come to the conclusion that the handle just has to be wrong. The center post inside the handle had no corresponding hole on the faucet to slid into, The square bonnet part is nearly flush on my faucet, not deep inside. That's why it won't go on. Is there a really old version of the mansfield outdoor faucet? (It's def a Mansfield, it has that molded into the metal of it.)

Last edited:

sholleran

Reaction score
ACE is the Place

This is going to seem lame after these posts by people replacing the guts, but how in the world do you get a new handle on? I've checked and double checked that there is only one model of handle, but even with a mallet, we can't get the new handle to go on. Anyone have any hints/advice to share?

Thanks! (we are also one of the turn it on and off in the basement kinds of places.)

Added: Actually, I've come to the conclusion that the handle just has to be wrong. The center post inside the handle had no corresponding hole on the faucet to slid into, The square bonnet part is nearly flush on my faucet, not deep inside. That's why it won't go on. Is there a really old version of the mansfield outdoor faucet? (It's def a Mansfield, it has that molded into the metal of it.)

Go to ACE, get the R&R kit - done in 10 minutes w/o torch or solder.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks