Birth Control pills for cats

Users who are viewing this thread

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I think unless you plan to have lots of kittens, your female and male cats should be neutered. I also really feel badly for all the poor feral cats that are out there that just keep multiplying. My wife and I have adopted several feral cats and had them neutered. they were difficult as pets for the first few years, but we have had them now for over 12 years, and I doubt that any one of the 5 we took in would still be alive if we had not rescued them. Also have a male dog that is neutered, because we have no plans on studding him out. he is an AKC pedigree anyway.

Cookie

Reaction score
Yep, my best friend for years is a Vet, and so many people cannot afford to get their pets fixed, so, I thought, well, birth control pills are cheap, or cheaper, so why not? Maybe, we could get the state to issue them for free, lol. what do you think? lol, free animal birth control.

Maybe Obama will go for it. :)

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
In response to Cookie's comment that many people can't afford to neuter their animals, my advice is, if you can't afford proper care for their animal, give it up for adoption. If you are so poor that vet care is too expensive, then you shouldn't have pets.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
In response to Cookie's comment that many people can't afford to neuter their animals, my advice is, if you can't afford proper care for their animal, give it up for adoption. If you are so poor that vet care is too expensive, then you shouldn't have pets.
Those who have unuetered pets should at the very least keep them in the house so they can't procreate. If there are both sexes in the house, then they need to be neutered. there are clinics that can do it at very low or no cost for needy people (well for the pets.)

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
This should take care of it.

pistol.jpg

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
so many people cannot afford to get their pets fixed

If you cannot afford to have your pets fixed how can you afford to take care of a new litter?

What is this crap about the State giving out birth control for free? Nothing is free, State money is tax payer's money.

I guess I know why the US is in so much trouble...

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
If you cannot afford to have your pets fixed how can you afford to take care of a new litter?

What is this crap about the State giving out birth control for free? Nothing is free, State money is tax payer's money.

those low cost/free places are not public run, they are privately funded rescue organizations. You are correct about it anyway. people who cannot afford to take care of pets should not have them. Nor should poor people have 10 kids, but they do, and yes, I have to pay for them whether I want to or not, which sucks. they should be fixed too, but in that case publicly.

Cookie

Reaction score
Our prez instigated it, free birth control for all! I am not kidding, look it up. ( plus, it is in the bible) lol. It is Ian.

Cookie

Reaction score
Now, what kind of bugs me, are the school taxes here. I raised 2 kids, and they are done. They are thankfully, gainfully employed, so, why do I have to continue paying school taxes? along with my 86 year old neighbor and his wife? I am all for education, but, fair is fair.
those low cost/free places are not public run, they are privately funded rescue organizations. You are correct about it anyway. people who cannot afford to take care of pets should not have them. Nor should poor people have 10 kids, but they do, and yes, I have to pay for them whether I want to or not, which sucks. they should be fixed too, but in that case publicly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks