Litter box for cats. How to keep it from smelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Litter box for cats. How to keep it from smelling.

Do you have a cat? I do.
It's kind of a bother changing the litter box, and sometimes it can smell.
So one day I thought about the product that I sell for cleaning pipes, and remembered something about being good for latrines. Latrines? Isn't that all a litter box is? So I grabbed a can of Bio-Clean and sprinkled just a little bit in with the sand. I know it's safe for my cat, because it's so safe you can eat it right out of the can. So.........I sprinkled just a little bit in there, and wow! It never smells anymore. It's crazy. Why didn't I think of this before?

If you have a cat, or if you have a cat and we're going to your home to fix or install plumbing, then ask us about it. It's crazy good stuff for your cat.
The cat is loving it.

Bio-Clean

cat-orange-1.jpg

smiling-cat.jpg

Last edited:

Achutch

Reaction score
How often do you change the litter in the box now that you're using the Bio-Clean? We have 2 cats that use 1 box. The solids are scooped out daily, and the box is emptied, disinfected, and changed every Friday. But occasionally, especially during humid weather, we can smell it.

I couldn't find Bio-Clean locally and bought some other kind of enzyme drain cleaner that looked and smelled like Rid-X. Is Bio-Clean a completely different formula? Maybe I should order some, try it in the litter box and in the drains. (The drains get filled with that black slimy crap that smells like sewer).

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
You are supposed to buy the Bio-Clean from Terry, To help support these great Forums...

But Two cats do not like to share the same box, even if they do. It is not there own Territory.

http://terrylove.biz/home/75-bio-clean-a-natural-enzyme-drain-cleaner.html

Have a Great Day, and take time out to play.

DonL

P.S. I forgot to mention Free Shipping, And it last for 9 Lives... (Results not typical)

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I started using the Bio-clean that I sell about two months ago. Now you can't tell I have a cat in the house.
I'm not real good at this, the cat was dropped off a few months ago, and at first, it was bad. Then I tried the Bio-clean, and it's pretty surprising. I've seen it work on waste lines before. Do the treatments and then run a snake through a week later and find nothing. But it was pretty funny to just sprinkle a little in the box and forget about it for a while.

cat-toilet.jpg

Last edited:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Sounds like good stuff Terry.

I have a septic system, and was using Rid-X, until they made it a liquid. The old stuff worked better.

Bio-clean has to be way better. Best thing sense baking soda, For a cat box.

Have a Great Day, Party Hardy...

DonL

Achutch

Reaction score
You are supposed to buy the Bio-Clean from Terry, To help support these great Forums...

But Two cats do not like to share the same box, even if they do. It is not there own Territory.

http://terrylove.biz/home/75-bio-clean-a-natural-enzyme-drain-cleaner.html

Have a Great Day, and take time out to play.

DonL

P.S. I forgot to mention Free Shipping, And it last for 9 Lives... (Results not typical)

Actually, I did buy Bio-Clean from Terry for my father who was having trouble with the drains in the tub and sinks. Will most likely order some for the camp and the condo.

This is a great forum. I've been a semi regular here since I bought my first Toto Drake in 2005, and it was here where I learned about the only brand I could with a good conscience recommend to anyone who may ask.

When Sierra (pictured) joined us last year, there was about a half day of hissing and growling, and she and Tyler have been friends ever since. We had two litter boxes at first; one in each bathroom, for the reasons you mentioned above. Then both started using both of the boxes, so we went down to one. There hasn't been a problem. We're in the cabin for the season; arrived two days ago. I set up the box, and within a few minutes both remembered where it was and were in it within a few minutes of each other.

Achutch

Reaction score
Terry,

I just submitted my order for Bio-Clean. I'll try it in the litter box and in the drains (both home and camp get that crappy black gunk in them).

Having a cat or cats take a little bit of adjustment, but in the end they are worth having. Glad you got the problem with the box solved. I'll let you know how the Bio-Clean works in the box.

achutch

Achutch

Reaction score
I started using the Bio-clean that I sell about two months ago. Now you can't tell I have a cat in the house.
I'm not real good at this, the cat was dropped off a few months ago, and at first, it was bad. Then I tried the Bio-clean, and it's pretty surprising. I've seen it work on waste lines before. Do the treatments and then run a snake through a week later and find nothing. But it was pretty funny to just sprinkle a little in the box and forget about it for a while.
Terry,

The Bio-Clean arrived a couple days ago. I have just changed (and cleaned) the litter box. The box is lined with a lawn and leaf bag to make it easier to change. After the old litter and bag is removed, the pan is sprayed with Odo-Ban, wiped dry.

I put 1 tablespoon of Bio-Clean at the bottom of the new liner, then added 10 lbs of Tidy Cats non clumping litter, and then sprinkled another tablespoon of Bio-Clean on top.

30 seconds after leaving the bathroom, Sierra came in and "tinkled" in the box (it can't stay clean for even a half hour.... like cleaning the toilet and 30 minutes later someone coming in and taking a nasty dump in it)!

The box will be changed again next Friday. This Sunday night, we'll be going to camp for a couple of days and the cats will stay home with extra food and water, but nobody to scoop the box until we get home. I'll let you know how the Bio-Clean works.

achutch

Cookie

Reaction score
My cats are so fussy they would know it wasn't the primo stuff here and might not use it. One is ancient and smart. He is 23 years old.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
I added a new cat to my home,he followed me and just came inside,I will have to go through neighborhood today to see if he is lost or left out,he is now hiding under my bed when I get a pic of him I will post.I have two other cats and they were freaked but now they are OK.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
That is really nice of you Clay. I can't wait to see his picture. I have 2 cats, and they are funny together. The one is an old man, and the other one is a youngster who gets on the old man's nerves. But, he is keeping him spry and running, lol. They look so much alike it aint funny. Even the markings in the same places. I told my son who bought him for me that if he lives to be 23 I will have looked at the same cat for 46 years!

Cookie

Reaction score
I haven't watched the video's yet, due to a time issue, and, also, due to a time issue, I asked my son to bring home kitty litter because I changed it, and what I got left is next to nothing. Well, son forgot, so I sat a roll of TP in the litter box. He called me, asking if I knew I did this, well, I am not that old that I didn't know what I was doing, not yet, anyways, lol, give me some time to work on that one; but, I instructed him to help the cats with it. WOW! DID that kitty litter come fast when he thought he was instructed to wipe the cats butts. :)

Achutch

Reaction score
I changed the litter box last night before we headed out for the weekend. This batch had the Bio-Clean mixed in it. With nearly 7 days on it, and in the warm humid weather, while it was not 100% odor free, it wasn't as bad as before using the Bio-Clean.

Terry, how much Bio-Clean did you use, and how did you apply it? I used 1/2 scoop on the bottom, added the litter and then put another 1/2 scoop on top, and let the cats mix it in then they dug and buried.

Bio-Clean

attachment.php

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
I added a new cat to my home,he followed me and just came inside,I will have to go through neighborhood today to see if he is lost or left out,he is now hiding under my bed when I get a pic of him I will post.I have two other cats and they were freaked but now they are OK.
Found the family of the lost cat and they are glad to have him back,it made me feel good,and I got to go to a cookout today in their back yard.
All is good!

Achutch

Reaction score
Found the family of the lost cat and they are glad to have him back,it made me feel good,and I got to go to a cookout today in their back yard.
All is good!

I'm glad you were able to find the cat's family. It was also a great thing that you took it in and kept it safe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks